Galaxy s3 custom rooms compatibility with pioneer app radio

rac3rsx

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I just put a custom rom on my gs3. The cyanogenod 4.3 to be exact. I'm looking to buy a new stereo for my car. Looking at the pioneer app radio series especially sph-da110 or da210. Does anyone know if you put a new rom, will these decks and app radio3 detect the phone as a galaxy s3? Anyone have experience with this?

ricankng787

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have this radio in my car. You should be able to use different custom ROMs. I've actually noticed that when I switched to a CM 10.2 build for the HTC One the radio did not acknowledge the device. Switching back over the GE 4.3 ROM worked fine. I'd highly recommend buying a OEM HDMI to MHL, because anything other than that will be finicky.

I'm actually considering getting the AppRadio 3, from my understanding, I won't have to actually plug the device in to stream music. THAT is what I need.

zeroseven

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I've just had the 110 fitted. I have S3 with Cyanogenmod 10.1

Nightmare :(

The bluetooth keeps dropping out. Its ok for about 30 mins then starts to sound like a skipping CD. I tried an HTC and it was the same so although I can't be sure it implies its the Pioneer,
I cant use apps and charge my phone at the same time soI get about 2 hours from the satnav then have to change battery

To keep the steering wheel functionality was going to cost another ?60 so i declined. But you need it. The screen is not very responsive and you have to be EXACTLY on the centre of the button for it to respond. So to skip tracks I have to make several stabs at the screen.

It doesn't work out of the box, you need another cable from Pioneer (?45) and another from Samsung. The samsung unit comes in two guises, make sure you get the right one, but even that requires ANOTHER power adapter to enable the phone to charge

i wish I'd never seen the bloody thing and Pioneer are close to a "not fit for purpose" refund

I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can offer advice, what I don't understand is why the system doesn't just run off Linux to enable the Apps to be stored on the unit. This whole phone connection thing is so antiquated