Galaxy S4 wont boot past splash screen

NoSleep319

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a water damaged Galaxy S4 i337. The splash screen would show, then it would power off. I removed the battery, then put it back in, and the splash screen posts again, then powers off. I've replaced the dock connector board with no change. The screen is obviously functioning correctly, and the logic board is working to the point where it starts the boot process. I tried the Hard Reset by holding down the Up and Down Volume buttons, then also holding down the Power button. nothing happens. What am I missing???

I've had some luck fixing water damaged phones by soaking the logic board in isopropyl alcohol. It helps break up corrosion and remove any existing water. I may try this tonight, but if anyone has seen this issue before, please let me know if you were able to fix it. I would rather not soak the logic board if it is not needed.

Thanks!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a water damaged Galaxy S4 i337. The splash screen would show, then it would power off. I removed the battery, then put it back in, and the splash screen posts again, then powers off. I've replaced the dock connector board with no change. The screen is obviously functioning correctly, and the logic board is working to the point where it starts the boot process. I tried the Hard Reset by holding down the Up and Down Volume buttons, then also holding down the Power button. nothing happens. What am I missing???

I've had some luck fixing water damaged phones by soaking the logic board in isopropyl alcohol. It helps break up corrosion and remove any existing water. I may try this tonight, but if anyone has seen this issue before, please let me know if you were able to fix it. I would rather not soak the logic board if it is not needed.

Thanks!

Honestly, stuck at the splash screen could be due to the water damage or it could be due to a software problem where the previous owner tried to flash a custom ROM, messed up and didn't know how to fix it. Or as simple as booting into recovery wiping and clearing the cache then rebooting the phone. If I were you, I would try to reflash stock firmware with ODIN to see if it's just software and start from scratch. If that doesn't work then it would seem it's hardware related. Here are the relevant links for AT&T flash back to ODIN. If you're not on AT&T just go to the development forum for your carrier and find the relevant thread.

[FACTORY STOCK] GS4 Stock Firmware Odin Package- Original Factory ROM - xda-developers

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR