Galaxy S5 no sound!

dDule

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Hello, i have a year old S5 and i've been having problems with the sound and speakers. About 2 weeks ago, my S5 fell quickly into water which gave him many problems but most were fixed by moisture extracting. Now, only 1 problem remainded and that is no sound. The phone can swap from silent-no sound-sound but no sound is there. Headphones are not recognized and the speaker for talking simply does not work. I've been using the phone like this for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden 2 days ago, by activating a 1080p video, the sound comes back! But, yesterday i was watching Youtube on 1080p for about 2 hours straight and charging the phone. The phone was losing battery even on a charger so i thought it was a bug. I restarted the phone and sound was nowhere to be heard. Safe mode doesn't fix it. Factory reset doesn't fix it, apps don't bug it, i cleaned the jack and the speaker with compressed air so what is it then? Only hardware issue would be that the charger is corrupting the speaker but i tried many times to charge and stop to see if the speaker starts working! Help out! I don't wanna drop 50-100$ on a replacement since it sorta works? Using the EU version: SM-G900F