galaxy s6 music skipping whilst screen is on

archheretic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

In the last few months, my (now out of warranty) galaxy s6 5.1.1 skips most of the time, playing music, whilst the screen is on. The music stutters, like it is struggling to play. The phone is not warm, and doesnt feel any slower to use otherwise.

It doesn't do it 100 percent of the time, but most of it. As soon as I turn the screen off, plays with no issues. It's entirely application independent, google play music and the built in Samsung music do the same thing. Used to be worse on locally stored music, but now also plays up on streaming.

A reboot doesn't help, nor does closing all apps. Then it mysteriously comes right...

Factory reset fixes the issue, but comes back within a few weeks.

Have been trying to keep Free space on phone, and not run many apps.

Trying wiping cache etc in recovery, doesn't help.

This is driving me totally crazy, and I'm not going to be able to claim warranty as it's over a year old.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

simm1

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't the s6/edge have 2 year warranty and how is it out of warranty when it didnt go on sale until april 2015

archheretic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't checked with Samsung, but as a grey import from Hong Kong ( in in Australia) not sure how that would work. Anyway, this is definitely a software issue, as a reset does fix it for awhile...

Posted via the Android Central App