Galaxy S6 Won't Update to MarshMallow

That One Bidoof

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 won't update. I got my phone October of 2016, and it came with Android version 5.0.2 (it won't even update to 5.1.2 [I think that's what it is]). I've been looking up how to update it and everything I've seen I've tried, except doing a factory reset and getting a new SIM card. Smart Switch works for backing up my data, but the update button isn't there. Whenever I go into my settings and press 'Check for update' it says 'Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.' The solutions to this that I've seen is unrooting (I don't have my phone rooted) and uninstalling and custom backgrounds, widgets, etc. and I did that. I've also tried using Kies but it didn't work. I think my next best option is to factory reset, but I have things I'd rather not get deleted. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, if this helps, I have Straight Talk. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it might.

That One Bidoof

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
The model number is SM-S906L. It was originally from Straight Talk, but I thought it would probably be on Straight Talk's networks by now, but I'll look into it.
And for the Odin thing I don't think so, but I'll do that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that model number doesn't show up in SamMobile.com's available firmware downloads. So your best bet is to talk to Straight Talk or use Odin, as you mentioned. Good luck!

Shogelash

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with the same model SM-S906L. Did you solve the problem, and if so, how? My S6 is branded for Total Wireless and I'm activated on Total Wireless. So far Total Wireless and Samsung have been unable to help me.

xavie botts

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with the same model SM-S906L. Did you solve the problem, and if so, how? My S6 is branded for Total Wireless and I'm activated on Total Wireless. So far Total Wireless and Samsung have been unable to help me.
I just got my Galaxy s6 and im having the same problem! It wont let me update to the next version have you found a solution to this problem?

Shogelash

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
No. I did automatically get an update last month, pushed by Tracfone I think, but it didn't upgrade android. I haven't made any attempt to upgrade through unconventional means.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beban