Galaxy S7 ACTIVE Rumors, Features, Release Date

CrackBerry Kevin

Mobile Nations Chief Media Officer
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have any solid information on if and when Samsung is going to release a Galaxy S7 Active? I did some Saturday morning googling and didn't find anything outside of a slimy built-for-spam website that didn't look trustworthy at all (fwif, they were calling for a mid-June launch on AT&T).

Per this other thread I wrote -- trying to figure out what Android phone my brother should upgrade too -- was thinking the S6 Active might be the best one for him right now, since he beats the heck out of his phones. But if the S7 Active is just around the corner, it may be worth him waiting for that.

Now that the Galaxy S7 is here, I can't help but wonder if Samsung is even going to follow in similar fashion as they did with the Galaxy S6 and release a rugged ACTIVE version of the S7. In the case of the S6, which wasn't water resistant, the S6 Active added the water proof-ness which made a big feature improvement. With the S7 being water resistant, an S7 Active maybe wouldn't be as compelling. I can't imaging the Active is a high selling phone - but totally think it's a useful design for a lot of people. And beyond just the water resistance, clearly the Active design is much, much more rugged and resistant to breaking when dropped, etc.

Anyways, curious to learn more about if and when we'll see a S7 Active. If you know anything, please share!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody have any solid information on if and when Samsung is going to release a Galaxy S7 Active? I did some Saturday morning googling and didn't find anything outside of a slimy built-for-spam website that didn't look trustworthy at all (fwif, they were calling for a mid-June launch on AT&T).

Per this other thread I wrote -- trying to figure out what Android phone my brother should upgrade too -- was thinking the S6 Active might be the best one for him right now, since he beats the heck out of his phones. But if the S7 Active is just around the corner, it may be worth him waiting for that.

Now that the Galaxy S7 is here, I can't help but wonder if Samsung is even going to follow in similar fashion as they did with the Galaxy S6 and release a rugged ACTIVE version of the S7. In the case of the S6, which wasn't water resistant, the S6 Active added the water proof-ness which made a big feature improvement. With the S7 being water resistant, an S7 Active maybe wouldn't be as compelling. I can't imaging the Active is a high selling phone - but totally think it's a useful design for a lot of people. And beyond just the water resistance, clearly the Active design is much, much more rugged and resistant to breaking when dropped, etc.

Anyways, curious to learn more about if and when we'll see a S7 Active. If you know anything, please share!

It will be interesting to see if they actually launch one.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Going by history, the S5 was IP67 rated and there was still an S5 Active.
History also shows that the Active line is released in June.

S4 Active - Launched 21 Jun 13
S5 Active - Launched 4 Jun 14
S6 Active - Launched 12 Jun 15

So I would venture to guess there will be an S7 Active released in June.

Last edited: