Galaxy S7 Edge - Are you keeping the Free Gear VR?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Even though I'm still undecided if I really want it I've gone ahead a pre-ordered it to get the free Gear VR and 128GB microSD.

What I am certain of is that I have no interest on the VR, so I'll be selling it (sorry, locally) if I do decide to keep the edge.

What about you?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re: Are you keeping the Free Gear VR?

I plan to get the Gear s2 in lieu of the gear vr myself. If I got the vr, I am still undecided... Would try it out to see if I like it

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
re: Are you keeping the Free Gear VR?

I'm planning to keep the VR. I'm curious as to how that technology may evolve over the next couple of years.

Posted via Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Are you keeping the Free Gear VR?

Hell yes I am. I've used Gear VR before and it's awesome. Don't judge until you've tried it for yourself!

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Gear VR is sick, have it with my note 5. Love the live NBA games streamed through it, has you sitting courtside at half court with No lag at all. Don't sell until you've put them on first.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Gear VR is sick, have it with my note 5. Love the live NBA games streamed through it, has you sitting courtside at half court with No lag at all. Don't sell until you've put them on first.

I'm new to VR. Where do you find content like live NBA games?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

That's fair point.

Interesting but I'm guessing will be nothing like it up here. I doubt content/features will be limited/restricted up here, I'm surprised Canadians are getting this offer TBH.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Wow how do you do this? I have nba league pass and watch the Spurs and would love this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I am hoping to contact Samsung and see if I can get a wireless charging pad instead. I already have gear VR for my S6. Don't need or want another one.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Why do you think Samsung is giving these away. Nobody wants them. It's like the Nintendo Virtual Boy all over again.:-\

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Why do you think Samsung is giving these away. Nobody wants them. It's like the Nintendo Virtual Boy all over again.:-\
It's a promotional offer to generate interest in Gear VR. What better way to get the general public aware that these things exist than to bundle it in with the flagship phone?

Bikerbeast

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
So I got the S7 Edge (VZW) using my Grandfathered in 2 year upgrade option (little over $300).... I will be looking to buy a Gear VR, since I could not get a free one unless I changed my upgrade option.

Posted via the Android Central App

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
The free Gear VR is the only reason I'm even considering pre-ordering the S7 instead of waiting for the price to sink in a couple of months as I'd normally do.

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I fully intend to keep the Gear Vr, a friend has it and it's a neat experience, though I admittedly wouldn't spend $100 on it...

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't even want one. I just want the phone and the year of Netflix. I doubt that I will even go to the website rot order the VR or whatever it is that you have to do to get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleSyrup