Galaxy S7 suddenly dying at ~40% battery life with no warning

Shane B2

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks in advance for any support anyone can offer. About 3-4 times recently, my S7 has suddenly died when the battery is shown to be around 40-50%. When I plug a charger in it then shows 0% and charges from there. Why might this be? This didn't happen at all the first couple of weeks I had the phone.

Here is a battery graph from one such incident: http://imgur.com/a/rl5pg

It truly doesn't seem like the battery is lasting abnormally long between 100% and ~40%. As in, I don't get the impression that it's showing me 40% when it's actually at 5% or something like that. It looks to be dropping normally until it just suddenly shuts off and is at 0% battery.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Bad battery. If the phone is new, then take it back to where you bought it and explain what's happening. Samsung warrants the battery for a year I believe. They'll either replace your phone, or replace the battery. Unfortunate the battery's embedded.

Shane B2

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Bad battery. If the phone is new, then take it back to where you bought it and explain what's happening. Samsung warrants the battery for a year I believe. They'll either replace your phone, or replace the battery. Unfortunate the battery's embedded.

Thanks for the reply! That's what I suspected. Luckily this is till a fairly new phone so getting a replacement shouldn't be a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay