Galaxy tab 10.1 Price speculation

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If they offer this thing for more than $300 on contract.... no thanks. The iPad is $500 WiFi 16gb model and I think if these tablet makers want to win, they gotta at least match Apple's pricing. I refuse to pay $500 or $400 for a tablet on contract..... totally not worth the data plans over time.... sorry

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And I'm a Google guy, I owned the GTab and archos 101, returned them both because they sucked, and I owned a HTC EVO 4G since launch and love Google to death..... but I want a tablet.... within 3 months, and if MOTO,LG,Samsung,HTC, or even Vizio can't get a price war going with Apple, then my friends , I will be a fandroid rocking a iPad....

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And I don't want to hear: " a 64gb ipad with 3G is $829 so the xoom @ $800 with 4G is a better deal" ....... bs...... I want a xoom or a galaxy or HTC tab, or a optimus tab @ 16gb WiFi 9"+ @ $500.... just like the ipad.... I don't care about cameras, 3D, hdmi, usb, none of that! Barebone tab with vanilla honeycomb with full gapps , market, and so on. That's how Android will kill Apple's iPad.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
yeah $500 on contract would be way too much. I personally DONT want a contract with my tablet device (future). Its my feeling that the market will quickly become flooded by these android tablets so hopefully we will see some reasonable prices for these tablets. I'm going to buy my tablet off contract I really do hope to see around the upper $500 range.

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
until i see something to the contrary, i am going to assume it is going to come out at a similar price point to the xoom (though i hope it will be cheaper!)

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What do you all think of Samsung and their hardware? Ive never held a Galaxy Tab, but i have a vibrant and I thought it felt cheap and plasticy.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
My fear is that because of the massive amount of features these things are packing, they're going to be considered premium tablets (which they are) and will be priced accordingly, not unlike the Xoom. I'm with terpitude, until someone shows me otherwise, that's going to be my assumption. =\

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's another vote for "keep it competitive, guys". I remember messing with a Galaxy Tab in a Best Buy when it first dropped and feeling shocked at the price (why it tanked) when I considered the overall experience and build quality (it felt like a toy). I don't know why these companies think they can charge so much more than what Apple charges for an iPad - $500 and you're in - given that they are all playing catch-up and trying to grab a piece of a market that Apple literally created. It's absurd. These are tough times. If someone sees a device from the company that started the tablet craze, has an enormous amount of applications, proven functionality and build quality, is less expensive, and all their friends have one, most of the general public that doesn't follow tech blogs will buy it. I don't know about the rest of the forum, but I'm okay with dropping $500-600 for a solid Android tablet. $800+, though? No. Freakin'. Way.

Last edited:

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's another vote for "keep it competitive, guys". I remember messing with a Galaxy Tab in a Best Buy when it first dropped and feeling shocked at the price (why it tanked) given the experience and build quality (it felt like a toy). I don't know why these companies think that they can charge so much more than what Apple charges for an iPad - $500 and you're in - given that they are all playing catch-up and trying to grab a piece of a market that Apple literally created. It's absurd. These are tough times. If someone sees a device from the company that started the tablet craze, has an enormous amount of applications, proven functionality and build quality, is less expensive, and all their friends have one, most of the general public that doesn't follow tech blogs with buy it. I don't know about the rest of the forum, but I'm okay with dropping $500-600 for a solid Android tablet, but $800+? No. Freakin'. Way.
+1

good posting!

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.... these guys go from one extreme to another ..... $600, $800, or $1000 tablets: don't plan on selling a million.

16gb, Honeycomb, WiFi , 9" or 10" high quality screen, no frills camera, and full gapps + market = 10+ million sold worldwide lol....

Here's another vote for "keep it competitive, guys". I remember messing with a Galaxy Tab in a Best Buy when it first dropped and feeling shocked at the price (why it tanked) when I considered the overall experience and build quality (it felt like a toy). I don't know why these companies think they can charge so much more than what Apple charges for an iPad - $500 and you're in - given that they are all playing catch-up and trying to grab a piece of a market that Apple literally created. It's absurd. These are tough times. If someone sees a device from the company that started the tablet craze, has an enormous amount of applications, proven functionality and build quality, is less expensive, and all their friends have one, most of the general public that doesn't follow tech blogs will buy it. I don't know about the rest of the forum, but I'm okay with dropping $500-600 for a solid Android tablet. $800+, though? No. Freakin'. Way.

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Archos 101 would be a nice alternative to the $500 iPad..... boy was I wrong..... Samsung could totally compete with Apple.... there was an article on Engagdets earlier, stating Apple wants to buy nearly $8 billions worth of parts from Samsung.... that makes me thinks Samsung is perfectly capable of competing spec to spec & $ to $ with Apple.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Exactly.... these guys go from one extreme to another ..... $600, $800, or $1000 tablets: don't plan on selling a million.

16gb, Honeycomb, WiFi , 9" or 10" high quality screen, no frills camera, and full gapps + market = 10+ million sold worldwide lol....

Seriously who do they think there kidding?!?! For that kind of bread I can build a nice computer or pick up a laptop... Thats not what I am looking for anything like that give me something less expensive then a laptop that I can play a few mobile games and watch moves on not a full computer.

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
And I don't want to hear: " a 64gb ipad with 3G is $829 so the xoom @ $800 with 4G is a better deal" ....... bs...... I want a xoom or a galaxy or HTC tab, or a optimus tab @ 16gb WiFi 9"+ @ $500.... just like the ipad.... I don't care about cameras, 3D, hdmi, usb, none of that! Barebone tab with vanilla honeycomb with full gapps , market, and so on. That's how Android will kill Apple's iPad.

If that's what you want, why not root a Nook Color and install Honeycomb. That's only $250.

willtucker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I love Google/Android, but I think Android is in for a big surprise with these "premium tablets." I want a tablet so I can sit on my couch, surf the web, watch movie trailers, and read my emails. That's about it! I dont need all this other stuff that will just drive up the price. Right now the best option for me is wait for the iPad2 to come out, and buy a discounted iPad! Sorry Android!

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My fear is that because of the massive amount of features these things are packing, they're going to be considered premium tablets (which they are) and will be priced accordingly, not unlike the Xoom. I'm with terpitude, until someone shows me otherwise, that's going to be my assumption. =\

The problem is, they aren't "premium". At least, they won't be in the near future. The iPad 2 should have near identical specs internally, and I'd eat my keyboard if they weren't priced the same as the last generation.

johnnewhouse

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i am hoping that as all of these tablets are going to be on sale at roughly the same time, they are all giving out misinformation around price to fool their competitors.

these things are for quick pickup web browsing and media viewing. they should not by more than $500

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The problem is, they aren't "premium". At least, they won't be in the near future. The iPad 2 should have near identical specs internally, and I'd eat my keyboard if they weren't priced the same as the last generation.

You are a smart man.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanglap