Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Lock Screen Cards

spaceace414

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my tab Saturday evening and love it!

I can't seem to figure out the Lock Screen cards. I have all five selected and only the weather shows up. I did figure out that you must have the corresponding widget open inside the tablet...but I can't figure out what widgets to use for the news feed, social media, S Planner...and I figured the email card would be for Gmail...but that does not seem to work. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

And a follow up question...is anyone using Nova Launcher or any other launchers? If so, do the Lock Cards and widgets still work?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if they'll work if you switch launchers. These cards take their info from the widgets in the Widget Homescreen (using TouchWiz, the extra, widget-dedicated homescreen to the far left). I really hated this because only e-mail and calendar update on their own. Social Media and News, which pull info from Flipboard, need to be refreshed manually. So you end up with days-old cards in your lockscreen unless you actually go to the homescreen and refresh the widgets. Useless IMHO. So, I just disabled them and just don't use that homescreen anymore.

BTW, I had terrible battery life when using Nova. I switched back to TW and my battery lasted nearly twice as much. Don't know if it was just mine or not though, but that's why I'm not using Nova.