Galaxy Tab S4 Charging Dock Pogo

patty1955

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I've always preferred a dock for charging so I was very happy to see that Samsung was offering one for the Tab S4. The dock charges the tablet nicely and the "Daily Board" is interesting but I'm very disappointed with the design of the dock. Why would you design a dock that requires the official cover to be removed, especially when the cover has a tight fit? This would have worked beautifully with the Tab S3 cover but not so much with the new cover. Given the price, I would have expected a better design.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
That is absurd. To make the Dex feature functional will require that it can charge at the same time it is being used on Dex, plus a good number of additional ports, without prying off the case each time you use the Dex and dock, of course. The s4 does not have wireless charging - despite the built to break glass back - right? - tho some seem to be saying it does! I don't even know for sure. I didn't get mine yet. It should be here by Tuesday. How is b&h in NYC for returns, if need be?

patty1955

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you think a different dock would work? I have a nice little usb thunderbird dock. Could it possibly work with the S4?

The tablet's charging port is on the short side. If you put it in most docks, it would have to be in portrait mode and it wouldn't be very stable. I tried it on my Pixel 2 dock and it will be charge but it's very wobbly.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
That's thunderbolt, not Thunderbird bum wine lol.

I don't want a stand up dock. I could prop it up in its case. I just want a dock - or a good dongle - with a cable to plug in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34