Galaxy watch band

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My prior watch was an Motorola 360 2nd gen, amazing watch btw but time come to update it so here im.. The 360 came with a beautiful brown leather band that I switch as soon as I could for a plastic one (black) later for a silver steel one till the end trying to keep the leather one in good shape

Now I have the galaxy and I already almost next day ordered an steel one to keep the original safe for now, I don't know what to have now like leather or plastic just to have options

Anyone here care about the same issue??

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
What issue--"keeping the original safe"?

No. It's a watch band. They wear out, and replacements are plenty.

The Galaxy Watch came with a silly thick black silicone thing that got in the way. I changed it out for a Milano style magnetic steel band. Much thinner, very easy to use, complements the watch well.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
My prior watch was an Motorola 360 2nd gen, amazing watch btw but time come to update it so here im.. The 360 came with a beautiful brown leather band that I switch as soon as I could for a plastic one (black) later for a silver steel one till the end trying to keep the leather one in good shape

Now I have the galaxy and I already almost next day ordered an steel one to keep the original safe for now, I don't know what to have now like leather or plastic just to have options

Anyone here care about the same issue??

They're all fairly affordable. Just buy several options and switch them out on occasion.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
They're all fairly affordable. Just buy several options and switch them out on occasion.

Very true. I got this one for $10 and have been using it for months with no problem:

https://www.amazon.com/Release-Leat...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6533724

The original band is pretty durable and you probably don't need to worry about keeping it safe. Really my only reason for not using it is it's larger than I'd prefer and doesn't look that great when you're dressing business casual (though I doubt anyone in the office is gonna pay attention to your watch band, I guess). I still keep it around for when I wear my watch while swimming though.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
The original band is pretty durable and you probably don't need to worry about keeping it safe. Really my only reason for not using it is it's larger than I'd prefer and doesn't look that great when you're dressing business casual (though I doubt anyone in the office is gonna pay attention to your watch band, I guess). I still keep it around for when I wear my watch while swimming though.

The stock band is definitely good in terms of comfort. Funny how the size is a little too large, yet the optional shorter band that comes with the watch is too small.

One thing I wish they would have done is chosen the same slick material that they used for the gear S2 band. The one with the Galaxy Watch attracts lint and annoys me to the point I am frequently blowing it off throughout the day as it collects from my sleeves (or rinse with water at the sink if really bad). The material used for the S2 band did not do this at all.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The stock band is definitely good in terms of comfort. Funny how the size is a little too large, yet the optional shorter band that comes with the watch is too small.

I know what you mean. The default band was too large for me, and the shorter band was too small. Ironically I lost over 40 lbs this year due to exercising and tracking calories with the Galaxy Watch, and now the smaller band is the perfect size. But yeah, originally I had exactly the same problem as you.

I've found the best thing to do is to buy a leather hole punch tool off Amazon for a few bucks, and then you can get a normally-sized leather band and make an extra hole so that it fits.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Always loved the Apple Watch Nike bands, but never wanted an Apple Watch. But got this set today for about $18. Very comfy. Screenshot_20190424-020239_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

jgreg02

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
I know what you mean. The default band was too large for me, and the shorter band was too small. Ironically I lost over 40 lbs this year due to exercising and tracking calories with the Galaxy Watch, and now the smaller band is the perfect size. But yeah, originally I had exactly the same problem as you.

I've found the best thing to do is to buy a leather hole punch tool off Amazon for a few bucks, and then you can get a normally-sized leather band and make an extra hole so that it fits.

The soft stock band keeps the watch from moving around on your wrist for better measurements of BP and sleep.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The soft stock band keeps the watch from moving around on your wrist for better measurements of BP and sleep.

Really? I had the same thought and tried wearing it regularly for a few days, but I didn't notice any difference with respect to my leather band. Perhaps it's because I've already tightened my leather band in the extreme with the aforementioned hole punch tool, and can't notice a difference anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk