Gallery Unzooming Zoomed image

mark0077

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am new to Android. Have moved from iPhone 4 to an S4 and am very happy. One thing that really annoys me however is the following. I'm just wondering is this something you guys know is specific to Galaxy S4 or Android in general.

When I open the gallery app, navigate to an album and scroll along inside that album to find a photo. If I select a photo and immediately pinch to zoom in on that photo, after a second or two, the gallery unzooms me from the image even thought I might have specifically wanted to zoom on a particular area of it. If I then pinch to zoom again its fine and I don't get unzoomed, it only seems to happen the first time I zoom on a photo. I assume its the gallery completing the loading of the full resolution version of the image after I have already zoomed in, resulting in the zoom back out as it updates the UI?

Its so frustrating to me after being so used to doing this on the old iPhone. Anyone know if this is Android or S4 specific and if there's any way to get around it? Should issues like this be reported or requested to be improved somewhere on an Android / Google forum? I'm surprised others haven't complained about this to be honest so maybe its just me.

Cheers guys,
Mark

Rasher0123

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I too experience the same issue. You may have figured it out though with pointing out loading time. After I left it a while to 'load' for an underdetermined amount of time it doesn't appear to have the issue any longer.