Gear Manager Update - now no remote connection

Misthos_NJ

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and had an alert for a Gear Manager update from the Galaxy store earlier today. Now running 2.2.14110499. Not sure what version it was before. Just noticed that when I turn Bluetooth off on the phone my watch will no longer connect by remote connection. Worker fine before the update. When I try to force a reconnect from the gear manager it forces the phones Bluetooth back on.

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was the only one. I didn't know that we have a new gear manager update. My remote connection is not working also.

Edit: I just checked my gear manager, I didn't notice any update.

Edit: Ha, weird. The update just showed up. Does anyone know what it includes?

Last edited:

Misthos_NJ

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I just tried deleting and reinstalling gear manager. Didn't help! And bad idea after having to spend time reinstalling and setting up phone. Not happy; RC is important to me.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The official change log only contains one thing: add Gear Circle support. But the update virtually installed everything.

Forgot mention, mine also no longer connects. Remote connect relies on Samsung's cloud/Samsung account to connect. So, I suspect it is the problem with their backend server, rather than Gear Manager itself (as Sammuel1973 can't connect with original Gear Manager).

Misthos_NJ

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that was my other thought but with an update that recent it seemed more likely. I really hope this is just a short term issue with connecting through our Samsung accounts.

Posted via the Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Is everything cool now? The old man doesn't want to have a heart attack if my prize is not working correctly. :D Will refused any updates until I heard "the coast is clear".. :D

Off topic note to Sammuel1973: The screen protectors I got from Amazon (6pack)was a JOKE.. I hope you didn't get the 6 pack, and went for the single. Also, I am glad I jump on that promotion, I got 2 coming from them... Again, that 6 pack from Amazon for $9.95 is a joke, and that is being kind!!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Is everything cool now? The old man doesn't want to have a heart attack if my prize is not working correctly. :D Will refused any updates until I heard "the coast is clear".. :D

Off topic note to Sammuel1973: The screen protectors I got from Amazon (6pack)was a JOKE.. I hope you didn't get the 6 pack, and went for the single. Also, I am glad I jump on that promotion, I got 2 coming from them... Again, that 6 pack from Amazon for $9.95 is a joke, and that is being kind!!
I am still trying to figure out what else this update includes. For me so far, nothing that is obvious.

As for the screen protector, I got mine yesterday, perhaps a different brand. No solution included, just used 2 drops of dish washing liquid, soaked the screen with cold water, then apply. Took 5 minutes to place perfectly on the screen, did it overnight so everything could be cured and dried the next day. Works great so far.

Attachments

• 1416447953475.jpg
    1416447953475.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 56

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Like the previous generations, do you think bigger updates will be released in the next month or so? Personally, I wanna see more stability and consistency with call forwarding (it was/is a hot mess) and longer lasting battery...and of course more functioning apps.

Add: the ability to display our phone number ALWAYS on all our outgoing texts and calls from our watch in remote connection mode, please. :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am still trying to figure out what else this update includes. For me so far, nothing that is obvious.

As for the screen protector, I got mine yesterday, perhaps a different brand. No solution included, just used 2 drops of dish washing liquid, soaked the screen with cold water, then apply. Took 5 minutes to place perfectly on the screen, did it overnight so everything could be cured and dried the next day. Works great so far.

On the update, my Note 4 reports it is up to date..Not going to argue with and everything is working smoothly. I really like the part where I can have a video playing and I am surfing the web at the same time. Super cool..

On the protector, good thing you didn't get the one I got this one, a 6 pack too..
Skinomi® TechSkin [6-Pack]

If the two I got for $1.40 don't work out, will go back to Amazon and get the one you got.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to note just in case turning off your phone bluetooth is a quick way to test remote connect. Everything good. Still have to turn off my wifi at home for remote connect

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I like that S Health is now properly integrated with the watch. I will test to see if remote connect is working again, later this morning.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So not only has my remote connect been working better, it seems to connect better while phone is connected to wifi. I'm still in initial testing but this morning it connected to my home wifi. Something I haven't been able to do.

Now I don't know if that's because of the firmware I just updated on the router or the Gear Update, but even at work it connected remotely with phone on work wifi.

Even just now turning bluetooth off on the phone my Gear has connected properly to the phone with the wifi on.

Something definitely was fixed was whether it's the Gear Manager or on the Backend with Samsung.

Still too early to properly tell.