Gear S3 and T-Mobile

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I ended up getting the Gear S3 on T-Mobile since I couldn't unlock my S2. Is there a number sync or equivalent with T-Mobile that I had with AT&T. The store associate said I always needed Bluetooth on which makes no sense. I do have it set with it's own line.

I would prefer to turn bluetooth off on the device and leave it on the phone and car only.

Thank You

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
They're right, Digits is what you're after. It's a beta now, but the watch/phone interface is probably the most stable part from the beginning.

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Digits will be in Beta for awhile. While the watch part works pretty well, there are some kinks to work out on PC and secondary phones.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I just joined the beta last week works really well with the S3
I've been on BETA for awhile now but lately I had been having issue with my certain contacts from my phone not receiving a text simultaneously between Pixel and S3. Are you having any issue at all? I even tried restoring my s3 already and rebooted my Pixel and the issue still happening.

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing certain numbers only have problems, it's weird. Hopefully they get this thing worked out so that it's worth comparing to Google Voice and AT&T Numbersync. Most of what I've seen is idiosyncratic and without a real pattern to it.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing certain numbers only have problems, it's weird. Hopefully they get this thing worked out so that it's worth comparing to Google Voice and AT&T Numbersync. Most of what I've seen is idiosyncratic and without a real pattern to it.

I figured it out and isolated the issue. The text I wasn't getting are from non-tmobile user. I tried it with VZ and Straight Talk providers. I had a VZ called me and the calling part works on my S3 and Pixel at the same time. This only became an issue just recently for me. It is annoying and I already brought this to T-Mobile's attention and they have their engineering department well aware of it. No ETA for when is gonna be fix though.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I tried to sign up last night but since I am new I need to wait about a week. I do like the S3 so far.

There is a waiting list. Just be patient. Once you apply for it and you're "accepted," they'll send you an email with instructions on how to sign up and activate it. They'll assign you an duplicate line phone number which will apply to your S3 and other devices. When people call your phone and you use your watch or other device to answer, the your actual phone number will show to them. Same when you make a call on your watch or other device. DIGITS is still in beta, so they're still smoothing things out, and they welcome feedback. Technically, you'll be a beta tester. It works pretty seamlessly for me, so far. When connected to my phone, my watch also rings, giving me the choice of answering on either device. If I'm out without my phone, the calls are forwarded to my watch and the caller sees my phone number on their end.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
There is a waiting list. Just be patient. Once you apply for it and you're "accepted," they'll send you an email with instructions on how to sign up and activate it. They'll assign you an duplicate line phone number which will apply to your S3 and other devices. When people call your phone and you use your watch or other device to answer, the your actual phone number will show to them. Same when you make a call on your watch or other device. DIGITS is still in beta, so they're still smoothing things out, and they welcome feedback. Technically, you'll be a beta tester. It works pretty seamlessly for me, so far. When connected to my phone, my watch also rings, giving me the choice of answering on either device. If I'm out without my phone, the calls are forwarded to my watch and the caller sees my phone number on their end.
It was working for me seamlessly as well until they F it up. Oh well...

docfreed

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I reached out to them already. It's mind boggling that I can received a call and multimedia such as pictures but not text from non T-Mobile Network.

Not Surprising. T-Mobile is (I think) the only major carrier that uses RCS (Rich Chat Service) for SMS and not all texting apps or carriers are fully compatible with this. Even before Digits many of us on T-Mobile were having difficulty with texts over WiFi calling, texts from IOS, etc.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Not Surprising. T-Mobile is (I think) the only major carrier that uses RCS (Rich Chat Service) for SMS and not all texting apps or carriers are fully compatible with this. Even before Digits many of us on T-Mobile were having difficulty with texts over WiFi calling, texts from IOS, etc.

It's working now. Life is good again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1