Get better music downloads and better 3g speed old but good info

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just was surfing the xda forums and ( a poster who had also found someone who made or found this out )

I AM NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS FIND OR HACK I just want to show everyone where to go and that It is possible the increase speed is definitely noticeable

PLEASE READ L-E-T-T-E-R FOR L-E-T-T-E-R, W-O-R-D FOR W-O-R-D.

As we all know, HTC and Sprint borked downloads for apps like Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay.

I recently ran across the subject and i found a fix. It is very simple.

1. Get your MSL, There are many ways, call Sprint, Download the app MSL Reader from the market, CDMA workshop

( I personally used mal reader and it says it wont work but I did get my password and although it worked right after phone froze so I wrote down the password and took the battery out so don't bug if your phone stops working )

2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#

3. Click Edit Mode

4. Click Advanced

5. Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address

6. Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0 (zero)

7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0

8. Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

-All credit to original finder of this fix, i am just passing it along and found the speed increase. Also when you flash a new rom it will back to old settings so remember to re-apply and it wont make you more vulnerable to anything.

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello there... this is my first post here but I thought it might be worth it. I too have seen the post on xda, but unfortunately I am unable to post in the topic so...

I was trying out this method and not really getting much so I figured what the hell. I started to enter different numbers and came out with some that worked.

First off I am not responsible for anyone messing up there fone ... I've always wanted to say that :)

Anyway, the numbers I messed with are the proxy numbers. Everything else was left according to the previous instructions. Instead of just "0" I tried 00001/00001. There were other variations for me but I kinda like this one. Youtube in hd never played on 3g without skipping but now it runs smooth. And also there is a site I watch movies streamed from the browser and it too works nicely. If anyone else has suggestions please post.

O and by the way b4 this fix I got .5 down .3 up almost always but with changing the proxy I went all the way up to 2.08 down and around .8 up. Average is about 1.7/.75 and ping is below 150

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks I was actually scared like crazy when changing those settings lol so I just followed those instructions but looks like your had the nuts lol to play around with them I did want to know just in case what the stock settings where so I could test what the difference was if you could copy and paste the stock settings I thing they did post it on xda if you can that would be much appreciated

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Witch one did you do the 1 or 2nd one I just curious I just flashed ava rom and wanted to see what people are seeing with the other settings.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what u mean...?? But anyways if u want to revert back to stock just go to settings/ manage applications/ all/ EPST then clear data. And I'm not sure but I think its better to clear dalvik/cache also.

Witch one did you do the 1 or 2nd one I just curious I just flashed ava rom and wanted to see what people are seeing with the other settings.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh I was adking what where the results other users where getting and I asked the other poster which method he used but thanks for that resetting tip

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh ya also when entering your settings you did this 0001 and the same for the other or did you do this for the last setting 0001. Wasn't sure?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting.. . .
I applied the hack in the OP and my normall 200-400kbs speeds just rocketed to like 700-900kbs speeds while indoors at work.
I cant remember a time I have ever seen these speeds indoors in this area. Almost even at all to be honest. 3G seems to be soo damn saturated here.

Good hack man!!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya wow glad to hear its getting great results I actually applied the 4g hack as well so I connects with less of a signal and connects longer hack and when changing a few other settings I have tweaked some settings to where when I download a app off the market with 2 bars of signal in my room it gets up to 5% and bam its already saying app has installed in a blink of a eye.

And also with this hack I have been so happy with YouTube app I couldnt really use it because it would stutter and I would have to wait along time for just one video to play but know half the video is already downloaded and I'm able to move to my bed instead of my cold window lol

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ya wow glad to hear its getting great results I actually applied the 4g hack as well so I connects with less of a signal and connects longer hack and when changing a few other settings I have tweaked some settings to where when I download a app off the market with 2 bars of signal in my room it gets up to 5% and bam its already saying app has installed in a blink of a eye.

And also with this hack I have been so happy with YouTube app I couldnt really use it because it would stutter and I would have to wait along time for just one video to play but know half the video is already downloaded and I'm able to move to my bed instead of my cold window lol

Link to 4G hack?
Also I noticed while my speeds cruise at work where they never did, now when i go to areas around my home, my speeds are slower. Very weird.
Im gonna test for a few more days though.

Did anyone modify the other settings? RSTP?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCaneCa