Question Get rid of Google 1

gandalf458

May 31, 2024
Visit site
Is there a way to disable or hide apps like Google 1, Google Meet, TV etc without nobbling the phone? I can't find another question on this subject but I bet it's been asked before. ;)

I'm on Redmi Note 13 with Xiaomi HyperOS / Android 14

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I've uninstalled Google One in the past, but now I cannot - on my 2020 Poco running MIUI 14. I never signed up to a One plan, as my free 17gb on Google Drive is still enough for me.

Google Music uninstalls just fine for me, but I've also never even used it.

I don't have Meet on this phone, but having factory reset my spare 2019 Moto E6 Plus a few months ago, Google Meet will not uninstall from that phone now.

Perhaps Google updated those apps so they won't uninstall now, IDK.

Also Redmi's of old had more restrictions in regard to installed apps and removing ads, as the budget brand, but I think that has changed with higher spec recent models.

Reactions: gandalf458

gandalf458

May 31, 2024
Visit site
Just to be sure -- when you go to Settings>Apps and select any of those apps, there's no Uninstall or Disable option there?
Yeah, that's right. I had to check as I just tried long press and there was no uninstall there. Settings > Apps gives an option to uninstall updates, but not to install the app or disable it.

Reactions: Madd62