Get the Moto X features on your Nexus 4

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying that Active Notifications app for most of the day and it is pretty good. I even bought the premium version to support the dev. I like it so far.

rballen85

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying that Active Notifications app for most of the day and it is pretty good. I even bought the premium version to support the dev. I like it so far.

Does it not hurt your battery life? I thought that was the reason Motorola went with an AMOLED display for the Moto X. Something about AMOLED having the unique ability to only power a few pixels.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Does it not hurt your battery life? I thought that was the reason Motorola went with an AMOLED display for the Moto X. Something about AMOLED having the unique ability to only power a few pixels.

I haven't had any noticeable battery drain. It lights up the screen with a black background so I'm guessing it doesn't use much power.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
ActiveNotifications will use more power on the n4 than on a device with amoled screen because amoled can selectively light up parts of the screen while lcd lights up the whole screen (doesn't matter if it's black or not...still uses power). That being said, if it's only on for 15 seconds and you don't have many notifications, it probably won't be significant. YMMV.

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No I meant how often the screen lights up to show you information. When I install it, my screen blinks every few seconds, which is a bit to much....

~S

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Then you have too many notifications! If it is constantly lighting up it is because there are new notifications. You can disable what apps generate notifications in the settings to reduce this but right now, I think that's all you can do.

[edit]: That could have been clearer. In the ActiveNotifications settings, you can dictate which apps it picks up notifications for.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
ActiveNotfications is truly a neat app. Also went for premium features to support the developer. Really pleased!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Going to try this with my Galaxy Tab 7.7 (AMOLED screen). I know it doesn't have some of the more advanced features of the Moto X, but having the right screen will help with battery life.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevealexa9