Getting rid of the continuum

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am now on unit #3 and Big Red has decided that I can get another phone. Each Continuum I have had has had issues with randomly opening apps, screen freeze while in-call so that I can't end the call. The last one they sent came with the newest software and was noticeable heavier without battery than the prior one. IDK what that's about. The latest one isn't properly deleting emails and I am having multiple force close issues in addition to opening apps whenever I connect it to charger. However, it does function while on charge unlike the 2 previous ones. What android os phone is the most reliable at this point? I'm about ready to just keep it because I know its issues. Thanks!
ETA: Can't send pics, get a force close on messaging also can't receive mms. Gets stuck on downloading.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am now on unit #3 and Big Red has decided that I can get another phone. Each Continuum I have had has had issues with randomly opening apps, screen freeze while in-call so that I can't end the call. The last one they sent came with the newest software and was noticeable heavier without battery than the prior one. IDK what that's about. The latest one isn't properly deleting emails and I am having multiple force close issues in addition to opening apps whenever I connect it to charger. However, it does function while on charge unlike the 2 previous ones. What android os phone is the most reliable at this point? I'm about ready to just keep it because I know its issues. Thanks!

Saraheba would you consider trying adrynalynes custom debloated version of the continuum?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Have you or are you experiencing any of the same drama I am?

i cant say i am, , i am running stock because i have been experimenting with stuff, the only real problems i get are some times when backing out of texting it will go through random apps that i had open before i get back to the home screen but thats a minor annoyance

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I rooted using quickroot, I hope I've done the right thing with the OS, I now have a screen showing the android guy digging.

Tripster

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I too am gettin rid of the Continuum but the Continuum was more of a trial for aOS for me and was waiting for the HTC TundaBow't to be released and I now gotta wait to get the TundaBow't.

I had no true cons from using the Continuum for a short period, its truly an awesome phone but the TundaBow't is what I need since I'm movin back to the cities and 4G is so sweet there and I really dig HTC phones.

I dig Samsungs too, don't get me wrong but the Continuum was the cheapest I could get for my trial run (vzw's 15 day). It was my first aOS device of my own, I played with several (forget the names) and liked it but not enough to switch when I had my blackberry and I guess I was a die hard fan and even ripped on aOS and blah but now I had time to really sink into the device hands-on, I love it.

I could've rooted the Continuum to my liking but I wasn't going to keep it in the first place so why do that plus I don't plan on rooting my TundaBow't right away cause I like to get the feel of said device before sinking into the whole rooting phase.

rant done... :confused:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I too am gettin rid of the Continuum but the Continuum was more of a trial for aOS for me and was waiting for the HTC TundaBow't to be released and I now gotta wait to get the TundaBow't.

I had no true cons from using the Continuum for a short period, its truly an awesome phone but the TundaBow't is what I need since I'm movin back to the cities and 4G is so sweet there and I really dig HTC phones.

I dig Samsungs too, don't get me wrong but the Continuum was the cheapest I could get for my trial run (vzw's 15 day). It was my first aOS device of my own, I played with several (forget the names) and liked it but not enough to switch when I had my blackberry and I guess I was a die hard fan and even ripped on aOS and blah but now I had time to really sink into the device hands-on, I love it.

I could've rooted the Continuum to my liking but I wasn't going to keep it in the first place so why do that plus I don't plan on rooting my TundaBow't right away cause I like to get the feel of said device before sinking into the whole rooting phase.

rant done... :confused:

Good luck and i hope the TundaBow't is the phone for you :) hope to see you around the forums

Reactions: Tripster

Tripster

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Good luck and i hope the TundaBow't is the phone for you :) hope to see you around the forums

Much appreciated, after doing tons of research, the TundaBow't is the one for me. I will try my best to get active on the forums. Sorry I fell in love with TundaBow't after watchin some vids. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon