Getting the Moment tomorrow

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! Just wanted to know what everyone says to a couple of my questions. I'm going tomorrow to get a brand new Moment to replace my current phone (Blackberry Pearl). I want the Moment because it's a fresh phone (the Pearl is quite the old operating system, you know!). So many things are making me think twice, like the battery issues. A local store says the can do the update but I'm just worried that it won't help (a lot of people say it doesn't, then some say it does). So is the phone worth it? My BB is just too slow and this phone looks like a definite step up. Thanks everyone, and continue being an amazing community!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I would say go for it!! I went from a BB Tour 9630 to the Moment and couldn't be happier. In the beginning, the battery was an issue for me but as time went on it got better. I keep a charger in my car and at work just in case. I haven't gotten the update yet but from what I've read it does help the battery life a lot.

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Get it, man !! I've had mine for a little over a month now and couldn't be happier !! The update fixed the battery problem. The Moment is an incredible, yet underappreciated Android phone. Get it. You won't regret it !!!

Stiv_X

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Chances are that if you get a Moment now, it will already have the update on it. I exchanged my Hero for the Moment within the 30 day time frame, and it came with the update already on it. All others I have talked to that got theirs recently also had the update on it when they got it. Do check it, though. As my wife had hers before the update, I saw how bad the battery life was. It was even worse than my Hero was. Then I exchanged mine for the moment, and my battery life was easily twice as long as hers. So, she went and got the update. It was worth it. Her battery life is as good as mine (which is twice as long as my Hero was) and her proximity sensor now works properly.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! Just wanted to know what everyone says to a couple of my questions. I'm going tomorrow to get a brand new Moment to replace my current phone (Blackberry Pearl). I want the Moment because it's a fresh phone (the Pearl is quite the old operating system, you know!). So many things are making me think twice, like the battery issues. A local store says the can do the update but I'm just worried that it won't help (a lot of people say it doesn't, then some say it does). So is the phone worth it? My BB is just too slow and this phone looks like a definite step up. Thanks everyone, and continue being an amazing community!

most phones with the update preinstalled have good bATTERY LIFE i recently got a replacement within my 30 days and my phone has been pimp havent gotten near the 15% once yet..

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
It's true! Just got it and the extensions are in .cl14 so I'm quite happy lol. It's an amazing phone, but not quite as amazing as this community! Thanks for your responses everyone, I'm off to personalize lol. If you have any tips please share!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Have fun with the phone!! There's a lot you can do to personalize it. I know when I got mine I spent a LONG time in the Marketplace downloading things to make the phone "mine".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48