Ghost Armor?

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Trying to think ahead about what kind of protection I need for my Thunderbolt (when it finally does come out...). At the mall today, noticed there was a Ghost Armor kiosk. Anyone have any experience with them or their product? I like the idea of the clear protection, but have concerns. This will be my first smartphone.

1. Does it affect the sensitivity or usability of the touchscreen at all?
2. Is there any chance at all of the phone getting damaged by the product?
3. How safe is it to hand over my ~$600 phone to a mall kiosk employee? I know they'll be better than me at putting it on, but I still can't help but feel weird about handing over my brand new smartphone.

I tried putting on a screen protector on my enV touch and it was a PITA, and it was the dry application type. Does the "wet" application have any warranty implication? Isn't there some kind of sticker to detect moisture in the phone? Would that be impacted by this kind of protector?

Best Buy does this too? I think I read that. Not that I think they'd necessarily be any better, but I bet dealing with a huge company like BB is a little more safe than some small screen protector company. Anyways, school this smartphone newbie on what I should do to protect my new phone please!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If you plan on buying it at Best Buy, get a screen protector and have them put it on for you. Most are more than happy to put it on before they set the phone up. The rest will put it on after...

If you have fears of your phone getting dropped once in a while, they will have a reasonable selection of cases somewhere close to where they are setting up your phone and would be more than happy to let you "Try a few on" to see how it looks before committing to a purchase. Either that or the Best Buys in Salt Lake are the most awesome on the face of the earth, but I think that is just good customer relations and happens almost everywhere...

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Kiosk and get the Ghost Armor, I have it on my Droid, iPod, and got it for my mom's Blackberry, seriously they are the best screen protectors out there. the Zagg shields are a joke compared to these. Cause the Zagg one's have some weird texture where the GA is smooth, also, when I had a Zagg shield on my iPhone it yellowed and peeled up really bad after 6 months.

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
ghost armor is the best, and im serious. they never peal and if they apply it you get a lifetime warranty. the staff is knowledgeable and somtiimes will repair broken screens also.

my buddy works there so my oppinion is swayed becasue i get them for free. he said they have armors for the thunderbolt too.

i think im gonna go with matte all around the phone with clear on the screen.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ghost armor is the best, and im serious. they never peal and if they apply it you get a lifetime warranty. the staff is knowledgeable and somtiimes will repair broken screens also.

my buddy works there so my oppinion is swayed becasue i get them for free. he said they have armors for the thunderbolt too.

i think im gonna go with matte all around the phone with clear on the screen.

Have you tried Phantom skinz?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
nope, are they supposed to be better

I don't know. I've heard they are and they're not. I ordered a kit last week though. The reason I went with them is Ghost armor online didn't have anything for the bolt and the kiosk kid at the mall was worthless.
Also with Phantom skinz I got supposedly comes with 2 body kits, 2 matte screens, and 2 glossy screens. I'll have to compare it to my GFs ghost armor if the Bolt is ever released.

If the screen isn't clear enough for me though I'll keep the body kit at replace the screen with a SGP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easwrftjukumar3r