Gingerbread 2.3.3 manual installation problem

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've tried several times to manually install GB on my N1 stock (FRG83G) but it won't work. I keep getting the same error message:

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
G-bread Won't Install

I'm getting an error too. I have a stock (always stock) ATT N1. I even went through the process as if it were rooted, to no avail. Tried downloading a couple of times as well.

Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.2/frg83g/91102:user/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop" on:2.3.3/GRI40/102588:USER/RELEASE-KEYS"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay got it to work. I think the problem is the zip file somehow gets corrupted between the download and moving it into the sd card. I got it to work by doing the whole process from a mac instead of my pc. I think somehow winrar was corrupting the file? I don't really know.

If you don't have a mac you can bypass this problem by downloading the file directly into your sd card by going into your browser's settings and changing the download location.

Hope it works!

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It appears I have been successful in installing the update after a few tries (downloading directly to phone, copying from Mac, and then finally copying from a W7 machine). Part of the problem was attributed to a PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23