Gingerbread on Inspire

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
No it will not get Gingerbread. Google has said that Gingerbread is only for the Nexus One and the Nexus S. If the Inspire gets an update it will be Honeycomb.

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We will get it weather it be 2.3 or 2.4 It was stated when the phone was first annouced that it would be upgradable to it in the future

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
No it will not get Gingerbread. Google has said that Gingerbread is only for the Nexus One and the Nexus S. If the Inspire gets an update it will be Honeycomb.

where did this come from? Honeycomb is for tablets, there are several phones that are going to be getting gingerbread. I would hope this phone gets it in a few months.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
2.3 and 2.4 will both be considered gingerbread. Ice cream will be when we see a convergence of gingerbread and honeycomb features for phones.

The number for ice cream has not been announced yet. So we don't know if it'll be 3.1, 4.0 or what. Just that it's called ice cream.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for an easy way to root and then install CM7.

Ask and ye sahll receive. [DEV][GUI][BETA][RE-RELEASE][RECOVERY FIX][2-27-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers

I used this method over the weekend and I got it to work. If you follow the instructions you will be able to make it work. As with rooting in general, you must make a successful gold card. 99% of the issues people have had lie with not having a good gold card. I know that from experience as I went through 2 SD cards before I got one that worked. There is a working CM7 ROM available now. The developer and other posters in general are very helpful in you get in a pinch. Good luck.

3GOD

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
ATT just updated the Aria with 2.2 so i dont see why HTC and ATT wont give it a nice future update. It is a big flagship device. It wil probably get 2.3 or 2.4. Who knows.

Last edited:

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Saw a post in the HTC forum that the Atrix is getting Gingerbread, so I hope the Inspire isn't far behind.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
To me, I would rather get Ice cream. No one really knows what it is yet, and to me Froyo -> Gingerbread is a little underwhelming.

What exactly is so great about this update? Enclair -> Froyo was a huge leap, to me Froyo -> Gingerbread seems like a small step.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher