Gingerbread slows down..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice that the GB leaked rom slows down pretty badly under certain situations? such as unlocking/sliding the code..

switching screens.. using the messaging/rss widgets.. some stuff slows down adn then speeds up like it's catching up.. anyone notice this?

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I notice some pretty bad lag on reboots that last 5-10 mins until everything settles. After that it usually flies...

might try a reboot, cache & dalvik cache wipe

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
On rare/random occasions, I've noticed my device will go unresponsive for appx 10-15 seconds. Had it happen in the gallery a few times and twice while loading texts. Not really a big concern to me being that this is a leak and hiccups are expected.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
when i turn my phone on and do the slider(using WL) and then it goes to the dot code that lags so bad..almost every single time.

Almost might be an issue with WL and this rom, but who knows..

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have notice lag when playing Pandora and then try to text, keyboard lags badly until I open ATK and close all open apps and all speeds back to normal.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
try freezing some bloatware via Titanium. I got almost 100 megs back by just doing this alone. Then theres Beeslys build.prop hack in Rom manager that will give you a little boost, this works great partnered w/ the Imoseyon hack. If all this is a little overwhelming then just wait for the next Liberty, Apex Gingerbread Rom, for these will have the above built into them for sure. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My GB still zips along like it did when installed :)
Don't know why Y'alls dont unless it got burnt somehow ha, gues I lucked out on the slow down bug

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
A good question here is which on you have root and which don't (i.e. to see if there's a correlation with slowdowns).

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just switched over to the rooted GB from stock 2.2 and man, im loving it!

The first attempt i didnt swipe data/cache and man was it buggy and laggy with random reboots mixed in. Then I was able to reboot into recovery and was able to swipe. Since then its been flawless and snappy. Loving the color themes and im mixed on the new keyboard...kinda missing the old froyo keyboard alot.