Gingerbread.

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So does his Clockwork recovery work on the V as well then so we can flash it?

Has anyone flashed the Optimus S CM7 Gingerbread on the V yet? Which recovery did you use to flash?

Last edited:

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...cott-pilgrim-awesomeness-cm7-gingerbread.html
It's very close to 100% and all major features work. Only issue is swapped buttons (can be remapped).

Just flashed to Optimus V, works amazingly well!

UPDATE: Home and Menu switched, but thats an easy fix. No brightness control, but it appears the next version will fix that. CyanogenMod 7 is quite amazing on this phone! For factory restore to work or other recovery based Cyanogen features we will be needing to run ClockwordMod Recovery, but I haven't tried xionia version for Optimus S yet. Notification pulldown says Sprint of course, but again, would be an easy fix.

Last edited:
T

thorasaurus

Awesome, I plan to flash Scott Pilgrim after the new release today. Glad to hear it works. I didn't want to be the guinea pig. :)

ejdme

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE: Home and Menu switched, but thats an easy fix. No brightness control, but it appears the next version will fix that. CyanogenMod 7 is quite amazing on this phone! For factory restore to work or other recovery based Cyanogen features we will be needing to run ClockwordMod Recovery, but I haven't tried xionia version for Optimus S yet. Notification pulldown says Sprint of course, but again, would be an easy fix.

How would I go about swapping the Home and Menu buttons?

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully some Optimus V developer can release an update.zip to change the keypad file (Home and Menu switch), MMS settings, and carrier text to Optimus V values. Those seem to be the only "fixes" we will need specifically for the V. I'm not skilled enough to do it.

Arcsech

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Do MMS/Voicemail notifications work? They broke for me when I flashed ThundeRom, so I'm wondering if the same would happen with this.

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Do MMS/Voicemail notifications work? They broke for me when I flashed ThundeRom, so I'm wondering if the same would happen with this.

Cyanogen has a settings menu for voicemail settings, haven't messed with it yet. MMS will require us to change the settings, i'm sure someone will have a customized version for the Optimus V soon.

Arcsech

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogen has a settings menu for voicemail settings, haven't messed with it yet. MMS will require us to change the settings, i'm sure someone will have a customized version for the Optimus V soon.

Is it just a matter of changing the built-in MMSC setting to the one that you see on a VM ROM?

Edit: Also, a NANDroid backup should work just fine to come back from the CM7 port, right? If so, I'll give it a shot and see if I can fix MMS myself. Voicemail notifications aren't so much a big deal, but MMS is.

Last edited:

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it just a matter of changing the built-in MMSC setting to the one that you see on a VM ROM?

Edit: Also, a NANDroid backup should work just fine to come back from the CM7 port, right? If so, I'll give it a shot and see if I can fix MMS myself. Voicemail notifications aren't so much a big deal, but MMS is.

Check out zefie thread first, he got the MMS fixed yesterday. He's moving very fast too.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Check out zefie thread first, he got the MMS fixed yesterday. He's moving very fast too.

Exciting stuff for sure, but I don't like how the S roms break USB. I can't live with out USB Mass Storage or Debugging(I do something with ADB almost every day)

Hopefully we can port this over to the V.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63