Give up on the Costco deal?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
DROID BIONIC by MOTOROLA by Verizon Wireless - Mobile phone cellphone wireless phones
What? Out of Stock? Anyone seeing this? I called my local Costco for the past two days to get the phone, they said thursday was the closest to get one...but one thing that bothers me is that they are out of stock online, and the online accessories bundle doesn't show up (only that it would come with a free SIM card). This scares me...I was planning on picking one up at Costco for the bundle soon...and it doesn't seem to be there anymore? Should I wait out and try again on Thursday (they said they would have 3 on thursday...not too reassuring that I'd even get one) or just go down to the Verizon store and buy one (or order one off of Amazon)? I'm too afraid of wasting my time :(

EDIT: Wow maybe it was a glitch...I just got the option to add to cart again...well anyways forget them being out of stock. But should I wait or not?
EDIT2: I can't add it to my cart...Costco's site is messed up right now. I'll see if I can get the accessories deal online again tomorrow (but I'll post about that in my other thread, this is for asking if I should wait or not)
EDIT3: And another update...I guess they pulled it from their site. I can't find it anymore

Last edited:

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Why not just buy it from Verizon? They have plenty in stock, and I got mine for $249.99 with two year contract plus $24.99 for the extended battery.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Costco Out of Stock, and no accessories bundle? Give up on th

No...I made this thread to ask if I should get the Bionic straight from Verizon, order it online at Amazon, or wait and get it "possibly" from Costco on Thursday.
I just edited the name, it was a bit misleading since my original idea to post this thread was to ask two questions, and I already answered one myself. The Costco site is flipping out.

CalBear96

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Wait and get it at Costco. Just get there when they open. The packet of goodies is amazing. A screen cover, a carrying case, another battery, a few different types of chargers, and lots of docks. And only $279. I think it was $279.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I keep feeling like that...but I'm a very impatient person :p. If they don't have any on thursday...and aren't getting more than 3 on friday I'm driving over to Verizon and buying one. I think I'm going to give a picture, description, etc. to my mom to buy it for me (she has all my money anyways, no way I'm carrying $300 around school) and just bring it to me at school. She'll wait outside the place until it opens if I ask her (and probably buy a bunch of other stuff while at the store too) and if I get a picture of it and a description, I'd hope she'd buy the right thing lol.
This deal just sounds too good to pass up for an extra day of usage (I'm stuck with the thing for 2 years, one day won't kill me)

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
From reading the other thread, the reason you can't find one at Costco (I been looking too) is that many people are returning phones they bought within the last 90 days and getting the bionic. Spoiling the love for the rest of us.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
From reading the other thread, the reason you can't find one at Costco (I been looking too) is that many people are returning phones they bought within the last 90 days and getting the bionic. Spoiling the love for the rest of us.

Hmmm could be it...but I hate to think that people are actually interested in Android here in Santa Barbara. Almost EVERYONE I know owns an iPhone now (funny...buy a "new" phone that's been out for a year and you aren't thought of "outdated" until the new one comes out. If you own a Droid X though you're a loser with an old phone? Doesn't make sense) so I'm interested to know why we haven't had any here since Thursday. I know like 15 people were calling in like Friday, but that lady won't tell me anything other than "maybe" we'll see something tomorrow. Until today she said thursday. I'm still calling tomorrow though, she's kind of mean so I want to make her job harder and answer all my annoying questions ;). But I don't think they've even HAD a shipment since Friday so I think that is the issue.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Really disappointed in Costco. Almost a bait & switch, if you ask me. Their wireless kiosk is really substandard compared to the rest of the Costco membership experience. My local store reported they had 3 DB "bundles" for launch day last week. They they said they got in 3 more earlier this week, and told me today they may get 4 or 5 more in the next few days and that was all they were expecting to have.

If Costco REALLY wanted to change the game, they'd have a solid selection of phones they sold at full retail (ie no contract) at or below what VZW charges...otherwise, they're little more than just another reseller.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I was going to wait for Costco and that lasted two hours on the 8th, I got mine from verizon for 250.

On a side note, buying it in the store was a total buzzkill. It was my first time buying a phone in the store in quite some time and I missed the whole staring out the window for the truck, checking tracking online, signing for it and then the glorious unboxing. It's been my tech ritual.

No magic when they just pull it out, pop the battery in and start activating it.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I was going to wait for Costco and that lasted two hours on the 8th, I got mine from verizon for 250.

On a side note, buying it in the store was a total buzzkill. It was my first time buying a phone in the store in quite some time and I missed the whole staring out the window for the truck, checking tracking online, signing for it and then the glorious unboxing. It's been my tech ritual.

No magic when they just pull it out, pop the battery in and start activating it.

ROFL! I too am so used to tracking the darn Fed Ex shipment. My DH picked it up from Costco for me this time rather than do the on line order (agree, the bundle rocks!) so at least I got to anticipate his return in the car. ;)

Katherine

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't hurt to give it a couple of more days for the deal - but you have some options. I don't know what your Verizon price is but I know that Motorola is selling it for $249.00 and giving you a $25 Visa Gift card. So that leaves a phone price of $225. For $75 you can make a deal on a few accessories at 25% off. The "Standard" Dock isn't anything special or worth $50 it just hold up the phone (if it included the HD Dock - that would be a deal :)). And the Shell/holster is not very nice, some seem to like it, but I returned the one I bought because it was not very good quality., you can get screen protectors better than the VZW $14.95 ones for $5.

Whatever happens, I am sure you will be enjoying your Bionic soon. :)

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't hurt to give it a couple of more days for the deal - but you have some options. I don't know what your Verizon price is but I know that Motorola is selling it for $249.00 and giving you a $25 Visa Gift card. So that leaves a phone price of $225. For $75 you can make a deal on a few accessories at 25% off. The "Standard" Dock isn't anything special or worth $50 it just hold up the phone (if it included the HD Dock - that would be a deal :)). And the Shell/holster is not very nice, some seem to like it, but I returned the one I bought because it was not very good quality., you can get screen protectors better than the VZW $14.95 ones for $5.

I didn't dig the shell holster. I just buy the gel cases off amazon for 5ish dollars, get sick of it, then buy a new one. If I do buy a case it will be an Otterbox commuter, it's the only one that I think looks decent.

I'll get the car dock eventually but not at that price, same with the standard dock. Amazon will have them cheap before xmas, I got my OG Droid dock on amazon for 15 bucks.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Really disappointed in Costco. Almost a bait & switch, if you ask me. Their wireless kiosk is really substandard compared to the rest of the Costco membership experience. My local store reported they had 3 DB "bundles" for launch day last week. They they said they got in 3 more earlier this week, and told me today they may get 4 or 5 more in the next few days and that was all they were expecting to have.

If Costco REALLY wanted to change the game, they'd have a solid selection of phones they sold at full retail (ie no contract) at or below what VZW charges...otherwise, they're little more than just another reseller.
I hate that they don't have any! It's getting annoying now...if they don't have it thursday I'm just going to pop into my Verizon store and get it, it's not worth waiting forever for.

Well along with that Gift card I should get $100 back for my basic phone as well, which is very promising as well. I do want a dock, and if I can get it, that would be nice. I'm not going out of my way to buy a dock, the phone can play music and an alarm clock without it. I mainly want the battery, an extra would be nice. But I can always buy an extended one too...but can I switch back and forth? I'd much rather just keep the extended for times when I'll actually need it.

No mail in rebates, better insurance, and buy back. and we'll probably have it in stock.
Also no restock fees.

so why not?

Very true...didn't take that into consideration. Maybe I'll call up my Best Buy too, make them convince me to buy it from them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire