GMail alerts me on Android when updated on desktop!

studentdoctor

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This is so ridiculous. If I read/delete an email on my PC, the Android Gmail app alerts me as if I've received a new email, has the notification and all that. Why in the world is the phone alerting me of something I delete through the PC? You'd think a Google operating system would not have these problems. One of the main reasons I chose Android over iPhone (after leaving Blackberry which handled emails perfectly) was because I do everything on Google and figured it would be flawless in that department.

Vent Over.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I do not have this problem. In gmail settings - labels to notify - do you have the "deleted items" on? The only notification I have set are the Inbox.

studentdoctor

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I do not have this problem. In gmail settings - labels to notify - do you have the "deleted items" on? The only notification I have set are the Inbox.

I also only have inbox there - but I deleted the updated and reinstalled it and so far so good. I'm not sure if I'm duplicating the exact thing that would make the alert go off, but I'm pretty sure it was just deleting read mail through the PC. Thanks anyway for the tip!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Navigate to gmail in the manage applications screen. Select clear data then go back to gmail, see if that works. Just today everyone I checked an email, it would still show I had mail unread. Cleared data and now it's fine

Sent from my Blazing E4GT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69