gmail notification?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have set a notification tone but my xoom doesn't make any noise when receiving email. I get the pop up at the bottom but no sound. Volume is up. Anyone else have this issue?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have set a notification tone but my xoom doesn't make any noise when receiving email. I get the pop up at the bottom but no sound. Volume is up. Anyone else have this issue?

Check the volume setting under settings, I think there are like 3 different volume levels now.

glowrider

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't getting notifications or sounds - reset and a reboot...

But no light...

Update: Light works only when the screen is off.

Last edited:

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I think what's happening is that our devices are periodically getting disconnected from Google's servers. I notice when this happens the wifi icon turns white instead of blue. My nexus one has been doing this sometimes since I flashed cyanogen gingerbread. I'm able to fix it by logging into gtalk. Somehow gtalk seems to get killed. Anyway this is my theory.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you do this:

Go to settings and disable mobile network

then go to wirless networks, wifi settings and verify that wifi is never set to disconnect.

SparkyXI

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an OG Droid... I'm getting the status bar notification, but no sound. Tested in and out of wifi. I'm starting to think this might be a bug...