GNex Accessories in Google Play store

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how long they've been available out there but since I just saw them today and didn't see any other threads related to them here......just curious if anyone has taken the plunge on any of the docks that are for sale there to see if they work with the VZW version even though it claims that....

"Note: This accessory will only work with the HSPA+ version of the Galaxy Nexus (as sold on the Google Play store)."

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how long they've been available out there but since I just saw them today and didn't see any other threads related to them here......just curious if anyone has taken the plunge on any of the docks that are for sale there to see if they work with the VZW version even though it claims that....

"Note: This accessory will only work with the HSPA+ version of the Galaxy Nexus (as sold on the Google Play store)."

The i515 is thicker than the i9250 so the docks for the i9250 will not allow for pogo pin contact since the i515 will not seat fully into the i9250 docks unless modified.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for the dock that will fit the i515, you can go onto Samsung's website and purchase it directly from them at $89.99.

I really think that creating two separate versions of this phone was a really big flaw on Samsung's behalf. If you're going to make a phone, make it easier on yourself and make just one device that works for each network type (and yes, I'm going to compare it to the iPhone as the same iPhone 4S can run on both GSM and CDMA networks). As a Verizon Galaxy Nexus owner, I really feel left out when it comes to accessories that utilize the pogo pins. It was actually one of the features that I really wanted to use so I didn't always have to use the USB port. Even though I haven't had a problem with USB ports becoming worn down over time before, they implemented the pogo pins on the phone, why not release accessories that can utilize it. I doubt that Verizon users are ever going to see a car mount that uses the pogo pins.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
GSM car dock fits LTE phone. Pogo pin dock GSM doesn't fit LTE phone though according to people on xda that have them.

Did you actually buy one and try it out? I've read that the GSM version first perfectly in the car dock, so I wouldn't imagine a phone that's thicker to fit into it. I've read that you have to shave out the car dock in order to fit in the CDMA version.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you actually buy one and try it out? I've read that the GSM version first perfectly in the car dock, so I wouldn't imagine a phone that's thicker to fit into it. I've read that you have to shave out the car dock in order to fit in the CDMA version.

The thickness doesn't matter for the car dock according to people who bought it and use it. The shaving it out has something to do with the volume button location being slightly off. And as I said, my post was according to people on xda who ordered and tested both docks. So no I did not actually buy one and try it out, much like you did not develop adequate reading comprehension skills.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So the car dock on the Play store will fit, just not the volume rocker? I would just like the 3-pin connection to work

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The i515 is thicker than the i9250 so the docks for the i9250 will not allow for pogo pin contact since the i515 will not seat fully into the i9250 docks unless modified.

I'm well aware that the VZW version of the phone is slightly thinker than the GSM model. The whole point of my post was that WAY back when the phone was being released and we saw all the awesome OEM accessories, there was a TON of speculation that with that differenence in thickness only being a couple of milimeters that it was conceivable that the GSM accessories might work just fine with the VZW version too. Simply wondering if anyone has tried this theory out to know for sure one way or the other.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm well aware that the VZW version of the phone is slightly thinker than the GSM model. The whole point of my post was that WAY back when the phone was being released and we saw all the awesome OEM accessories, there was a TON of speculation that with that differenence in thickness only being a couple of milimeters that it was conceivable that the GSM accessories might work just fine with the VZW version too. Simply wondering if anyone has tried this theory out to know for sure one way or the other.

Yes it has been tried several times and posted and the fact is still the same that you have to modify the unit to make the contacts connect then yes it has worked.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes it has been tried several times and posted and the fact is still the same that you have to modify the unit to make the contacts connect then yes it has worked.

The car dock modifications have nothing to do with making the contacts work, it has to do with the volume button being a tight fit. The desktop pogo dock can't be easily modified to work.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't spread misinformation and this isn't directed at one person in particular.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24