GNex noob, a few simple questions

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just received a secondhand Galaxy Nexus today, which I'll use shortly as my primary phone, and then will move to be my backup phone when my Droid Maxx arrives. A few quick questions:

- What's the latest version of Android that's gone out OTA? I have 4.2.2, should I expect any system updates that have already been released?
- Any really good accessories I should look into? I noticed some docks that are selling cheap secondhand, any pros & cons to those?
- Anything else I should know or do? So far it seems reasonable fast & smooth for what it is. I had a Droid Razr, and it seems pretty comparable power & speed wise, though (as expected from some comments I've read here & other places) the Moto had better cell reception.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The last OTA for the Sprint Gnex was 4.2.1, which is what I have. Is the phone rooted?

I would get a spare battery or an extended battery, I have a 4200 mAh for my Gnex, you will get about 6 hours onscreen and 14-15 hours total with that battery. I one from from eBay and one from Amazon, yes I have two. Both work equally well. I did not use a dock. I don't like the vertical ones and the horizontal one with the Pogo pins are for the International GSM version, and they are very expensive, around $90.

Reception is ok, wifi is ok, GPS is a PIA.

Otherwise its a good little phone. I did not root or flash mine and I use it now for a back up or on wifi since I have the Note 2 as my daily driver.

Hope that helps. :D

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Guess I should note that I'm on Verizon, in case that affects OTAs. I haven't seen any evidence of the phone being rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usapana_098