Gnex or wait?

phattysalz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want a Nexus device then I would recommend buying the Gnex sooner rather than later. It has been the best phone I have ever owned. I have stayed stocked and unrooted. I know there is a lot of complaints on the forums about this phone but I simply didn't see all those problems.

Also, it is no guarantee that VZW will get another Nexus. The GSM carriers definitely will though.

One other item is that VZW is going to force people into the tiered data sometime this summer. If you have grandfathered unlimited it is worth it to lock it in for another 2 years soon. 4g flies through data!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
What the above poster said. If you can get a Gnex before they come out with their new plans don't wait. 4.0.4 is awesome. With all the CDMA/LTE issues for Google licensing VZW may not get another nexus who knows. I'd bank on what is out rather then what may be.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Should I buy the Gnex in July (when my contract ends) or wait for the upcoming nexus?

The high probability of vz not getting another nexus would make me get one if you're tied to vz. Still the best phone on vz imo
After owning this phone, I will only get another nexus. The vanilla aosp experience is hard to beat.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The high probability of vz not getting another nexus would make me get one if you're tied to vz. Still the best phone on vz imo
After owning this phone, I will only get another nexus. The vanilla aosp experience is hard to beat.

Quoted for truths.

Reactions: davey11

ssummer

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing but after a flurry of high-end Android releases late last year, Verizon has been in a rut this year. No flagship devices announced. Nothing in the rumor mills. The popular sentiment is that the SGS3 and One X will never reach VZW's waves. I can't remember a time since the OG Droid that future VZW smartphone prospects looked so dim.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is probably happy with their current lineup. I mean they have the Galaxy Nexus and the DROID RAZR maxx. Not to mention the rezound. That's not a terrible lineup. No one knows for sure that Verizon is not getting the sgiii yet. Be patient with them. They will release the newest RAZR soon and who knows after that. The Nexus is the best of the best out there right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk