go battery pro - battery saver

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bother with this or any optimization app that includes a method for disabling background apps. For a good write up on all the technical stuff:

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

In laymens terms, artificially force closing out apps runs counter to how Android was designed to work, and it does a fine job on its own. Using these apps can actually increase battery consumption.

The other yellow flag is charging optimization. This is the first app I've seen claiming to manage charging functions. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but this is another case where Android manages this quite well on its own. The G4 charges pretty fast, and is already QC2.0 compatible for quick boosts. Li-ion charging is pretty specific and standard. I wouldn't trust an app to interfere with that.

Some of the power saving features, like managing data, Wi-Fi, display brightness can help, but there's other apps specific to automating those functions. I personally don't use even those because it's just not that much of a time saver with most of those controls already in the quick settings of the G4.