Going Caseless

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
After reading through the thread where people talked about how their G3 has held up without a case I decided it try it myself. Man what a difference. This phone feels and looks so much better. I've been using cases on all of my phones for years so I'm used to having them, and the G3 is good with a case as well. But man is there an improvement without one. I even think the screen looks better without one, like it pops more being contrasted with the tiny bit of black bezel on the sides. The only thing I worry about is how slippery the back feels so I might try out a skin for it to improve grip. But other than that, Damn this is a beautiful phone.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The G3 is a beautiful well made piece. I have a carbon fiber skin on mine and I put my case over it most of the time. I only take it off in safe conditions though. The skin is good against scratches and does provide some additional grip, but useless if I drop it. But again, you're right it does feel good naked.

♻Positivity!

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've gone careless with a glass protector on front and an xtremeguard shield on the back for grip. That's the way to go

Posted via the Android Central App

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've gone careless with a glass protector on front and an xtremeguard shield on the back for grip. That's the way to go

This is exactly what I have. The grip the XtremeGuard added is perfect!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
As sexy as caseless is, I just have to have some form of protection on my phone and tablet lol

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol I keep cycling through. I have three different cases. I was caseless but put the tech21 case that t-mobile gave me on it last Saturday when I was doing some work I thought might damage the phone. I had forgotten how thin it is, so I might keep it in for a bit.

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It is gorgeous naked and it handles nicely that way too. But if I break it, I'll be using my G again. I have a fairly kludgy case with a rubber liner and hard front and back pieces that lock over it. I carry the whole thing in a belt holster that must have been designed for a phablet. Love the phone this way too. Heck, I'm 68. It doesn't matter to me what it looks like.

overzeetop

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Caseless with a tempered screen protector here. I store it in my front pocket pretty much all the time, so it's not exposed. I've dropped it a couple times, and even had it fly off of a treadmill shelf (yanked the headphone cord...oops) and had to replace the screen protector once. I'll admit it has some small divots in the silver "rim" that separates the front from the back from some butterfinger moments around pavement, but they're very minor. The back is surprisingly unscathed - though if I did damage it, it's less than $30 to replace it with a brand new one. The G3 is about a million times less susceptible to damage / ugly scratches + wear than the iPhone 5 it replaced.

rtapales

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would love to go caseless all the time! I have a tempered glass screen protector and I am probably ok with the back case still being naked. What scares me the most is not having something to protect the rear camera lens. I keep thinking that once that glass is scratched that will cause huge problems with my photos which I take a ton of with my phone - because lets face it this camera kicks a** !

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I would love to go caseless all the time! I have a tempered glass screen protector and I am probably ok with the back case still being naked. What scares me the most is not having something to protect the rear camera lens. I keep thinking that once that glass is scratched that will cause huge problems with my photos which I take a ton of with my phone - because lets face it this camera kicks a** !

I've wondered what the lens glass is made of. Apple uses artificial Sapphire so it won't scratch or break

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a tempered glass screen protector on my G3 as well. Makes me feel better about going caseless. The only phone screen I've ever cracked was the GS4 I had before the G3. I had a case and an invisishield on it but the case didn't protect the screen at all. The invisishield at least minimized the cracking.

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Lol I keep cycling through. I have three different cases. I was caseless but put the tech21 case that t-mobile gave me on it last Saturday when I was doing some work I thought might damage the phone. I had forgotten how thin it is, so I might keep it in for a bit.

That is the case I am using and I love it. So thin almost feels its not there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey