Going from one FROYO to another?

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Again Im sure this has been asked so forgive me. The other day I went to:
Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
which I got from this page of course:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-2-25-a.html
Works great other than my browser is pure crap. No idea if its from the FROYO or what. And I think I still have old market. Not sure. It looks different than in my X. Anyway now I see the super clean 2.6. Can someone tell me what is gained or lost by going to a super clean version and now that I have the full version mentioned above how do I switch to a super clean without losing all of my data? Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Again Im sure this has been asked so forgive me. The other day I went to:
Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
which I got from this page of course:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-2-25-a.html
Works great other than my browser is pure crap. No idea if its from the FROYO or what. And I think I still have old market. Not sure. It looks different than in my X. Anyway now I see the super clean 2.6. Can someone tell me what is gained or lost by going to a super clean version and now that I have the full version mentioned above how do I switch to a super clean without losing all of my data? Thanks.

the list of things changed is so long Melissa,,,in the original post of superclean he has all the items listed......i am going to make a odin package right now that will not wipe data if you are willing to wait you can be the first to try it

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
ok guys Im new here,but have been lurking on the forums and reading, digesting information etc for awhile. I finally came to the conclusion that 2.2 was never gonna happen for the facinate(and, if/when it does I've also concluded samsung/verizon can kiss my ... for taking so long to upgrade their phones anyways...) So I finally decided to give it a go and root and put froyo on---boy it couldnt have been easier, and I could'nt be happier now with my phone !! I did put the full bloated version on..because since it was my first time doing it, I figured I would use the stock one before I tried out other peoples custom ones..but now I want something less bloated..is there anyway to get rid of the bloatware or do I need to flash the phone with a superclean version to get it off? I really would like to avoide setting everything back up(contacts etc..)

Thanks!!

and for those of you still on the fence on rooting your phone..well, it couldnt have been easier !! :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok guys Im new here,but have been lurking on the forums and reading, digesting information etc for awhile. I finally came to the conclusion that 2.2 was never gonna happen for the facinate(and, if/when it does I've also concluded samsung/verizon can kiss my ... for taking so long to upgrade their phones anyways...) So I finally decided to give it a go and root and put froyo on---boy it couldnt have been easier, and I could'nt be happier now with my phone !! I did put the full bloated version on..because since it was my first time doing it, I figured I would use the stock one before I tried out other peoples custom ones..but now I want something less bloated..is there anyway to get rid of the bloatware or do I need to flash the phone with a superclean version to get it off? I really would like to avoide setting everything back up(contacts etc..)

Thanks!!

and for those of you still on the fence on rooting your phone..well, it couldnt have been easier !! :)

you can go through all the work to debloat it your self. just go to system/app folder with root explorer and delete the crap you dont want. be careful some of it you need.

as far as your contacts, back them up to gmail. then youdont have to set them up again. use titanium back up to back up all the apps and data you dont want to loose. flash superclean 2.6 and you can be back up in 20 minutes. adry didnt just deblaot the rom he fixed a bunch of stuff as well. you wont be disapointed with sc 2.6.

Reactions: H2o

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
since im new to this and dont wanna screw anything up, I just went in and got rid of a few things..ie: need for speed, the blockbuster and kindle crap so far..im thinking about sc 2.6 but am just gonna stick with this for a bit and do some more reading on the forums..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret