Good deal to upgrade to the 5 pro

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just traded in my watch 4 classic for the watch 5 pro and got $240 trade in. They are also on sale, you can get the 5 pro Bluetooth for $130, the LTE version for $170. Pretty good prices.

If you haven't done the software update on the watch 4, here's your chance to give the headache back to Samsung.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just traded in my watch 4 classic for the watch 5 pro and got $240 trade in. They are also on sale, you can get the 5 pro Bluetooth for $130, the LTE version for $170. Pretty good prices.

If you haven't done the software update on the watch 4, here's your chance to give the headache back to Samsung.

Really you got the 5 pro for 130. Wow! My husbands just bricked and they told me to take it to U break it we fix it. I looke don their site and trade in wasn't 240 it was like 180 maybe whe4n I looked the other night and it said any condition watch 125. But for $130 I would like to get his fixed and than trade it in. But I don't think the 240 is still going on. He has the bluetooth watch 4 classic the big one has the bezel.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Really you got the 5 pro for 130. Wow! My husbands just bricked and they told me to take it to U break it we fix it. I looke don their site and trade in wasn't 240 it was like 180 maybe whe4n I looked the other night and it said any condition watch 125. But for $130 I would like to get his fixed and than trade it in. But I don't think the 240 is still going on. He has the bluetooth watch 4 classic the big one has the bezel.
The watch 4 classic is $240, the watch 4 is $180 for trade in value yet today. I assume you must have the watch 4.

Mine is $30 more since I got the LTE version

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk
f18a06bdc9f9c2124ad5ca8cf35417cb.jpg

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I looked wrong my husband does have the Classic Bluetooth it says $240 trade in so it comes to $143.99 for trade in my work I get an extra 5% that's good and with his last trade in we only paid $200 for the classic so I told him we should do it. I'm on the phone with Samsung now asking if they were to fix it can they just not send it back to us and keep it for trade in? They would just have to fix it and reset it back to factory themselves if they'll do it. I am just afraid their going to say we have to fix it and send it back to you then you buy the watch and send it back and by that time the $240 may have gone down. But it's a good deal I just don't trust Samsung but she just came back to the phone and said yes you can do that we will give you $240 and fix it and keep it so we'll see.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I looked wrong my husband does have the Classic Bluetooth it says $240 trade in so it comes to $143.99 for trade in my work I get an extra 5% that's good and with his last trade in we only paid $200 for the classic so I told him we should do it. I'm on the phone with Samsung now asking if they were to fix it can they just not send it back to us and keep it for trade in? They would just have to fix it and reset it back to factory themselves if they'll do it. I am just afraid their going to say we have to fix it and send it back to you then you buy the watch and send it back and by that time the $240 may have gone down. But it's a good deal I just don't trust Samsung but she just came back to the phone and said yes you can do that we will give you $240 and fix it and keep it so we'll see.

Just follow my directions on the other post if Samsung won't do as your wanting.

Yes, Samsung promos can end anytime, so if they won't do it for you the way your suggesting I would just order it online and send your watch 4 in for repair and then send it to them as a trade in when you get it back. You have time to get it all done. My brother sent his in and he had it back in a week, it's fast turn around. You also have the option to extend trade in time but I don't know how that works, you shouldn't need it though.

Keep us posted. Believe it or not your way is more risky with Samsung IMO.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well how's the watch deal going? I assume you received new one, how's the watch 4 progress going?

My trade in is finally on truck for delivery today. I dropped it off Monday morning, but with the big snow storm it sat there 2 days before hitting the FedEx truck.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well how's the watch deal going? I assume you received new one, how's the watch 4 progress going?

My trade in is finally on truck for delivery today. I dropped it off Monday morning, but with the big snow storm it sat there 2 days before hitting the FedEx truck.

I'm a little worried now but we will see. The watch 5 Pro came 1st a few days ago and the repaired watch came back a couple days later. So we are all good their and have till the 16th to return to Fed-Ex. Repairs are UPS I guess and trade ins we've always done Fed-Ex. Well hubby had it all packed up with shipping label and ready to be dropped off.

Well while sitting at my computer this am I see Fed-Ex pull up next door and I happened to go outside and ask if he could take it and he said if it was ground or something else yes and it was ground. I said can you give me a receipt and he said no I just scan it in. I hesitated and he said you can take it to your store if you feel more comfortable with a receipt but I just let him take it so we will see. But I told my husband he got a great deal getting the new one for 127.99. So now it's just a waiting game for trade in to be approved. I hope it's ok I gave it to this driver.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm a little worried now but we will see. The watch 5 Pro came 1st a few days ago and the repaired watch came back a couple days later. So we are all good their and have till the 16th to return to Fed-Ex. Repairs are UPS I guess and trade ins we've always done Fed-Ex. Well hubby had it all packed up with shipping label and ready to be dropped off.

Well while sitting at my computer this am I see Fed-Ex pull up next door and I happened to go outside and ask if he could take it and he said if it was ground or something else yes and it was ground. I said can you give me a receipt and he said no I just scan it in. I hesitated and he said you can take it to your store if you feel more comfortable with a receipt but I just let him take it so we will see. But I told my husband he got a great deal getting the new one for 127.99. So now it's just a waiting game for trade in to be approved. I hope it's ok I gave it to this driver.
I'm always anxious waiting for the approval/credit. Only once has my credit been denied (because I didn't factory reset my GW4 Classic). I called Samsung straight away and politely informed them they'd lost their minds...that I reset the watch from the recovery screen. They asked no more questions, and in less than 2 minutes, I had the full credit restored. I'm sure you're much nicer than I am, so you'll be fine. lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm always anxious waiting for the approval/credit. Only once has my credit been denied (because I didn't factory reset my GW4 Classic). I called Samsung straight away and politely informed them they'd lost their minds...that I reset the watch from the recovery screen. They asked no more questions, and in less than 2 minutes, I had the full credit restored. I'm sure you're much nicer than I am, so you'll be fine. lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1

Well I am more worried cause I just gave it to this Fed-Ex driver and I have no receipt. We always take it to this near by store. I should of said can scan it now so I see he did it unless it got scanned back at the store. And one time I sent in my Active 2 watch for the watch 4 and I had pictures and everything and they tried saying I sent in a different watch and sent me a picture of some other watch. I got it straightened out though. But for phones we used to always go to Best Buy cause of trade in problems we heard about mess ups alot. But here lately Samsungs deals are better. Under my orders on Samsung it says pending receipt. Not sure what that means but when I took his watch for repair I got notification after I left about it from Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I am more worried cause I just gave it to this Fed-Ex driver and I have no receipt. We always take it to this near by store. I should of said can scan it now so I see you did it. And one time I sent in my Active 2 watch for the watch 4 and I had pictures and everything and they tried saying I sent in a different watch and sent me a picture of some other watch. I got it straightened out though. But for phones we used to always go to Best Buy cause of trade in problems we heard about mess ups alot. But here lately Samsungs deals are better. Under my orders on Samsung it says pending receipt. Not sure what that means but when I took his watch for repair I got notification after I left about it from Samsung.
Pending receipt just means it's waiting for the trade in.

It's the weekend and it might not show up in tracking system till Monday night.

Have you checked the FedEx tracking. It won't show up on Samsung

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Pending receipt just means it's waiting for the trade in.

It's the weekend and it might not show up in tracking system till Monday night.

Have you checked the FedEx tracking. It won't show up on Samsung

Well I called Samsung they got it yesterday! I don't think I had the tracking number. I just gave the guy the box with the label on it Samsung sent us and I got scared cause I had no receipt. But it's all good now and pending approval thank goodness.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I called Samsung they got it yesterday! I don't think I had the tracking number. I just gave the guy the box with the label on it Samsung sent us and I got scared cause I had no receipt. But it's all good now and pending approval thank goodness.
Great. In the future if you have to send something to Samsung again and they give you a shipping label the tracking number is on the label.

You should have gotten an email from Samsung when they received the watch. That email confirms they got it and to expect a decision in 3 to 7 business days. All you should have to do now is wait.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've traded in a couple devices with Samsung. I'm extra careful on documenting and monitoring throughout the process, because of all the problems I've seen posted here on AC. So far, I've had no problems.

Samsung is very slow on sending acknowledgements and updates throughout the process. In one case, my credit was posted before they even scanned in the receipt of the trade in device!

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've traded in a couple devices with Samsung. I'm extra careful on documenting and monitoring throughout the process, because of all the problems I've seen posted here on AC. So far, I've had no problems.

Samsung is very slow on sending acknowledgements and updates throughout the process. In one case, my credit was posted before they even scanned in the receipt of the trade in device!

[TL;DR] Silver Sharpie mark was considered "Damage" on my Buds Pro and repair was refused, wiped off, sent back and fixed now...

I remember this one time I sent in my Buds Pro's in for service. I had the earbuds case in another case, but it looked the same on almost all sides, so I took a Silver Sharpie Marker and put a mark on one side. It happened to also mark the original buds case as well.

The left one stopped accepting touch inputs, so I did the thing, made a ticket and got a label to ship it back as they were under warranty.

I took them out of the case, cleaned them up a little and sent them back.

Warranty Repair was DENIED because the "Case shows damage".

They sent it back without fixing it with a picture marking the case damage.

It was the mark from the Sharpie.

I wiped it off, called them back, read them the riot act and sent them back in to be repaird.

They fixed it that time.

It's stupid crap like this that makes me think that they are just LOOKING for ways to not honor things, but the more we document, keep proof and show that we can back up our claims, I hope, they will, eventually, learn that they just need to provide good service and that will bring customers running.

Oh well.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I traded in a watch a while back. They sent me the they received my trade in and to expect a decision on trade in a few days as normal. I never heard back from them for weeks. I wasn't getting the reminder emails, I didn't get charged for not sending it in either. Out of the blue I received an email saying the trade in was accepted. It wasn't the normal acceptance email. I think they lost the watch and it was manually accepted by a rep since they probably lost it and it was showing they received it.

So yes they can be extremely slow. I still haven't received the accepted email on my watch they received last Friday. It hasn't been a week yet. I figured if they don't send me a email telling me they haven't received it and are going to charge me I'm not concerned. If they are going to charge you they will send a email stating that. Then I will contact them for why as I know the watch is in perfect shape and I have pictures to show them.

Sometimes I think they drag their feet to get past the return period on your new product.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the previous posts. Samsung certainly appears to be dragging out the process in order to deny as many returns as possible.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes when I sent in my Active 2 in great condition and worked fine to get my watch 4 they sent me a picture back of a totally different watch and denied me. I called and raised heck had my own pics and video they gave it to me. Way back we always went to Best Buy they would have good deals and we would still get the earbuds or whatever giving away than Samsung's trade in was better so we went back to using Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes when I sent in my Active 2 in great condition and worked fine to get my watch 4 they sent me a picture back of a totally different watch and denied me. I called and raised heck had my own pics and video they gave it to me. Way back we always went to Best Buy they would have good deals and we would still get the earbuds or whatever giving away than Samsung's trade in was better so we went back to using Samsung.
How is your trade in progress going. I finally received my trade in accepted email today. Almost 2 weeks since they showered receiving it, it took them a little longer this time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bred Denon