Google and Verizon, please answer us.

mtb1981

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
After all the wait, and all the hype, both self-induced and through ads seen everywhere, I think Google and Verizon owe us an explanation. I know "officially" we still have a long way to go during spring, and that most hype is created by the fan community, but this is the community where Google is going to get it's grass-roots foundation that is going to make or break not only the Nexus one, but the Android platform. I understand that fixing all the bugs to release a quality product is a good thing, and I'm thankful that they care enough to do it, but this veil of silence has got to end. People are getting really frustrated with the lack of information from both parties, all while new and possibly better phones are being released right and left. We're not asking to be given untested nor unreliable hardware, we're just asking to become part of the process. Let us know how it's going and what the challenges and successes you achieve are. Our appreciation for your hard work will do nothing but increase, all we ask is that you talk to us.

Last edited:

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
They don't care, are there companies losing money? No, then they don't care about a few 1000 android fans. This is all said sadly because we should be heard.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing VZW is mostly at fault here, their version of the N1 was approved by the FFC when? Most likely VZW is dragging their feet "testing" the device on their network, most likely to squeeze out a few more Droid sales.

mtb1981

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
maybe it is, and maybe is isn't verizon's fault in delaying the N1, but my point was that I don't care if it's delayed, I just want to be re-assured that they are working hard on it for the people that care. (Ok, ok, I do care it's delayed). ;)

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree, it is spring as they get closer to the release date I do not see the harm of alerting us and giving more specific data about the release.

sgitlin25

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
n1 on verizon is skating on thin ice for me right now...its almost getting to a point where it doesnt make sense to get it, because its getting close to being outdated

anon(12291)

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing VZW is mostly at fault here, their version of the N1 was approved by the FFC when? Most likely VZW is dragging their feet "testing" the device on their network, most likely to squeeze out a few more Droid sales.
It took 2 months between the AT&T N1 passing the FCC and being made available online. The CDMA N1 passed the FCC on 2/26. That'd put the N1 release at 4/26-ish. I'm hoping it's not that late, but one never knows.

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It took 2 months between the AT&T N1 passing the FCC and being made available online. The CDMA N1 passed the FCC on 2/26. That'd put the N1 release at 4/26-ish. I'm hoping it's not that late, but one never knows.

hate to say it, but that would line-up with the Incredible Release that was mentioned in the post about Incredible phones being stocked in the Verizon Warehouse. The poster said something like ... its typical for phones to sit in the warehouse for 2-3 weeks before being shipped to stores for retail.

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't really think Verizon care about N1. Think about it, they can't sell this phone. Their feature phone after Droid is Incredible. Verizon will promote the hell out of Incredible. Verizon probably won't allow N1 to be release before Incredible. And N1 sales won't be going up that much even in Verizon network since not many know about this phone and it's started to getting outdated already. N1 isn't really that exciting any more after HTC EVO and Samsung Galaxy S.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
After all the wait, and all the hype, both self-induced and through ads seen everywhere...

I'm from Missouri on this one. Forget "everywhere" - show me one advertisement seen anywhere that has said anything except "Coming Soon" or "Spring 2010" right on Google's Nexus One site (which is not even an advertisement.)

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't really think Verizon care about N1. Think about it, they can't sell this phone. Their feature phone after Droid is Incredible. Verizon will promote the hell out of Incredible. Verizon probably won't allow N1 to be release before Incredible. And N1 sales won't be going up that much even in Verizon network since not many know about this phone and it's started to getting outdated already. N1 isn't really that exciting any more after HTC EVO and Samsung Galaxy S.

Why do you think Verizon can't sell the N1? Perhaps they made a deal with Google to allow for not only purchase on the website, but in store as well? Only time will tell. Spring time is upon us, we all just have to be patient and wait this one out until an annoucment is made which should be soon.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

The Nexus One isn't going to be sold in the stores so it wont impact Droid sales one iota. The only people who are going to buy them are phone nerds like us and the few who may see a google sponsored banner add.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
n1 on verizon is skating on thin ice for me right now...its almost getting to a point where it doesnt make sense to get it, because its getting close to being outdated

The point of the nexus one is not to have the phone with the highest specs (though it does for now which is a plus) it's to have Google's own phone. The one they test the software on and the one that is going to be the first to get the newest OS build.

If you are in it for the higher specs then yes wait for the Incredible, but don't cry when it takes 3-4 months to get Android 2.2 after the Nexus has it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Why do you think Verizon can't sell the N1? Perhaps they made a deal with Google to allow for not only purchase on the website, but in store as well? Only time will tell. Spring time is upon us, we all just have to be patient and wait this one out until an annoucment is made which should be soon.

None of the other Nexus One models have been sold by the carriers, there is no reason to believe Verizon's will be any different. the N1 is Googles baby. They and they alone will decide when to sell it (once it passes Verizon's TA).

k3ix

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that the VZW N1 is done and ready to go. Hardware-wise they may be holding back to have enough in stock to satisfy everyone. Everyone that is complaining about it not being out yet, would then complain they released it too soon before stock was available.

No, I suspect the delay lies in implementing the interface between Google and Verizon systems to allow for Google to sell plans with the phone. Such interfaces can get fairly thorny and difficult to put in place.

Sure wish the N1 was out though!!!

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that the VZW N1 is done and ready to go. Hardware-wise they may be holding back to have enough in stock to satisfy everyone. Everyone that is complaining about it not being out yet, would then complain they released it too soon before stock was available.

No, I suspect the delay lies in implementing the interface between Google and Verizon systems to allow for Google to sell plans with the phone. Such interfaces can get fairly thorny and difficult to put in place.

Sure wish the N1 was out though!!!

I don't understand you guys. You guys think once N1 is available on Verizon, it will sell like crazy but I don't think it will.

Verizon is not going to promote this phone. Not a word from them. They are not going to stock in their store and not on their website. Currently Verizon feature smart phone is Moto Droid. As you saw, they promote like crazy and they were very success.

I think only thing that Google can't sell N1 is because Verizon is waiting for their next feature smartphonw which is HTC Incredible. And Verizon will promote Incredible just like Droid, and Google will quietly update their website, just one line, N1 for Verizon with price. Nothing else.

For Verizon customer, there's few people aware of N1 existance, like myself. I waited long time. However, I like to play with the phone before I buy. Incredible and N1 are almost identical. Incredible, you will be able to play with it in Verizon store and Best buy all day long. And Verizon sales person will try everything to sell Incredible just like they did it to Droid.

You see, N1 will sell much better than now, but no way near the number of any smartphone on the market right now. Plus, N1 is already out dated.

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is look at the posts on this site to know that the N1 will sell on VZW. It will be a huge deal regardless of how many it sells, it will be the best phone on their network.

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is look at the posts on this site to know that the N1 will sell on VZW. It will be a huge deal regardless of how many it sells, it will be the best phone on their network.

N1 won't be sell on VZW, it will be on Google.com/phone

And by the time N1 is available on VZW network, it won't be the best phone. Incredible is almost identical except it down clocked the cpu, im sure you can make it normal after rooted, but it has 8 megapixel camera.

And within next few months, it won't be the best Android phone, HTC EVO 4G will rule the Android world until something better comes out.