Google asking to save username

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Outlook for my work email. With the update that automatically loaded yesterday, every time I send an email I get a message at the bottom of the screen from Google asking if it can save my username. My options are "No Thanks" or "Sure". Regardless of which option I click, or if I simply hit the back button, the next time I send a message I get the same inquiry. It also happens if I send a message to the same address.

I tried clearing the cache and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, but it still does the same thing.

Thoughts?

Or, an easy solution would be to roll back to the prior version. How do I do that?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Outlook for my work email. With the update that automatically loaded yesterday, every time I send an email I get a message at the bottom of the screen from Google asking if it can save my username. My options are "No Thanks" or "Sure". Regardless of which option I click, or if I simply hit the back button, the next time I send a message I get the same inquiry. It also happens if I send a message to the same address.

I tried clearing the cache and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, but it still does the same thing.

Thoughts?

Or, an easy solution would be to roll back to the prior version. How do I do that?

Google can store passwords now (like a password manager) so it defaults to that. You can disable it by following the below.

1. Open Settings
2. Go to System (bottom of the menu)
3. Open "Languages & Input"
4. Click "Advanced"
5. Open AutoFill Service
6. Click "None"

Done :).

c3057551

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site
Google can store passwords now (like a password manager) so it defaults to that. You can disable it by following the below.

1. Open Settings
2. Go to System (bottom of the menu)
3. Open "Languages & Input"
4. Click "Advanced"
5. Open AutoFill Service
6. Click "None"

Done :).

Thanks - that's been driving me up the wall all week, and the above worked. Of course now I'll miss out on the password storage across browser and other apps now? Seems poorly conceived implementation? Or Google borked Outlook and MS need to implement a fix in the app?

thmpls

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site
Thanks - that's been driving me up the wall all week, and the above worked. Of course now I'll miss out on the password storage across browser and other apps now? Seems poorly conceived implementation? Or Google borked Outlook and MS need to implement a fix in the app?

I just got an update to the Outlook app and the very annoying problem has gone away. Seems to have been a problem with Microsoft's app.

Dewi Bermingham

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site

Thoughts?

Hi
I to am having this problem and have not been able to find an answer on the forums.
The good news for me is that the problem seems to have disappeared for now, although my wife is now having it.
The real question for me is simply what does Google mean when they ask the question. Which username, what username, who's username?

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This problem is super annoying! I don't want to completely disable Autofill because it can be very useful in other sites and apps... Argh!