Google Assistant on Phone with Google Home

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Almost every phone is gone activate bc they have the same wake word but if Google home hears u it will take precedence over the phone and the phone will say it's being answered on another device

RyanS107

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I have not experienced my Google Home taking presidence. Maybe because I have a different Google account setup on my phone vs Home?

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
My phone, and HTC 10 no longer responds to voice at all. I do not know if this is because I have a home or because there was a recent update to Nougat on the phone. when I try to turn on voice recognition on the phone, it immediately shuts off. I gave up trying to make it work. Before the update either one would answer but now only home answers and the phone wont

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Almost every phone is gone activate bc they have the same wake word but if Google home hears u it will take precedence over the phone and the phone will say it's being answered on another device

This is exactly what's happening for me, too. I was going to start a whole thread about this question but I see it's already being discussed.

In my experience, it makes no difference whether I say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google" ... both my Pixel and Google Home will wake up ... but then Google Home takes over from there and my Pixel 2 says "answering on another device". At least it's smart enough to have either one or the other take precedence instead of both doing the same thing.

Was going to ask if you can assign "Hey Google" to one and "Ok Google" to the other so only one wakes up. I didn't find anything in Settings on my Pixel 2 to change the hot word. Anyone else manage to do this successfully?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
^ when I first got the my home mini both of my devices would answer, but over time it happens less now. I'm very strict with using Hey Google for home devices and and OK Google for my phone. so now, the dual device answering happens only about 50% of the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John killough