Google+ Auto Backup Failing

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
so i know some have discussed this in the M8 thread. but the fix doesn't seem to be working for me.

here is the problem: i keep getting auto backup failed of late. i had it set to wifi only. according to one person's fix, check the data manager and uncheck the mobile hotspot. but that isn't working. still keeps failing and i think it is just working the battery. also may have caused my wifi at home to crap out, as it was just causing traffic. i even checked the box to only upload when connected to a charger, but it still attempted to upload when not.

any thoughts? anyone having the same problem?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. It turned out that it was just hung on one particular image (no idea why). I deleted that image and then it went about its business.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. It turned out that it was just hung on one particular image (no idea why). I deleted that image and then it went about its business.

i had 12 that were supposedly failing. i found 11 and deleted. haven't found the last. this is driving me nuts. the phone is getting stuck in a loop of trying to back up even when i have the check mark to only back up when charging.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Old post I know but others with the issue might like a solution:

I was able to fix it by using one of those sd cleaner apps to clean unused files off the SD card AND by going into Google + photos in chrome on a pc and finding the picture in the auto upload section. Since then I have not had the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003