Google calendar changed with Android 12 update

Hydraulic Jack

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
prior to the update I had two lines (dashes) under every date because I have two events every day. any other days that had extra events had additional lines for every event

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For me (S21U, BUK7), the app's full-month view shows all the appointments for each day, not just underlines. When I swipe up to show today's agenda at the bottom of the screen, the top of the screen shows a one-month calendar with each date highlighted (not underlined) if there's an appointment on that date.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
The underline for events also disappeared from my Samsung calendar after the Android 12 update. The slightly highlighted date box on which I have an event is harder to see on the monthly calendar now. I spent a bit of time trying to get the underline to come back but I could not find a way.

I ended up replacing that calendar with the Google calendar, as was recommended by someone in a different thread on here. The only thing I do not like about the Google calendar is that the icon does not display the current date, just "31". I did some research and learned that if I switch to a different launcher, such as Nova, I could get it to show the current date on the icon after doing a few Houdini tricks. I did not want to change launchers so I guess I will just live with the "31" on the icon.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I temporarily added the Samsung calendar back on my home page to show the difference between it and Google.

Screenshot_20211205-135711_One UI Home.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help if the @Hydraulic Jack could clarify if they're talking about the stock Samsung Calendar app or the Google Calendar app. I thought from the original post that they were talking about the Google Calendar app, but @Roadijeff describes the change in the Samsung Calendar app.