Google Contacts

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Need help. Google contacts is not syncing. There isn't a Google contacts sync option in my Google account. When I go into Google contacts app, my Google account isn't listed and when I try to add it it says it's already on the device... I've never had this issue. All my contacts photos in Google messages disappeared and everything. Even in the Samsung contacts app it won't pull from my Google account. Anyone know what's going on? I've tried clearing data, cache, cache partition, removing all Google and Samsung accounts, etc. It's as if the Google contacts storage account doesn't exist. Maybe Google is having issues?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you're going to Settings>Accounts and Backup>Manage Accounts>[your Google account]>Sync Account, and you don't see a Contacts toggle there?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have removed/re-added the Google account and it's still not showing up, it might be an issue on Google's side. If you go to contacts.google.com, can you see your contacts still there? If you have access to another phone, can you try adding the account there and see if it goes through (remember, removing the account from a phone automatically deletes all associated data from it as well)?

Reactions: bklabel1

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy - correct it's not there.
When I go to website the contacts are there. They are on old phone too. Before I couldn't access my contacts on phone, there was a Google contacts sync tab but it last synced two weeks ago and it had an exclamation mark next to the sync icon. So, it was having sync issues with the contacts before I realized. That's when I removed the accounts and re-added them to try and fix the syncing issue but then the Google contacts went away completely.

bklabel1

Jun 17, 2023
Visit site
Need help. Google contacts is not syncing. There isn't a Google contacts sync option in my Google account. When I go into Google contacts app, my Google account isn't listed and when I try to add it it says it's already on the device... I've never had this issue. All my contacts photos in Google messages disappeared and everything. Even in the Samsung contacts app it won't pull from my Google account. Anyone know what's going on? I've tried clearing data, cache, cache partition, removing all Google and Samsung accounts, etc. It's as if the Google contacts storage account doesn't exist. Maybe Google is having issues?
If you log into google from another device can you see your data on your account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol