Google creates new free replacement program for damaged Nexus 5 phones

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen multiple people online confirming that devices are being replaced, which is a good thing. Although I don't think it's something Google is expected to be doing, it's a good PR move on their end to offer onetime replacements when applicable.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
This is exactly the kind of thing that lead me to leave apple for google in the first place. So nice to see a company assist their customers instead of one that views an accident as another opportunity to rip customers off. Thank-you google.

Posted via Android Central App

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Just finished my phone call...they are replacing my first Nexus. Pretty cool, now I have a backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Aj Irawan

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, u need to return your damaged phone within 7 days or they will charge you for a full price.

Posted via the Android Central App

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
They provide a prepaid shipping label to send in your broken device and they place a hold on your card until they receive it. It shipped at 1 AM and is out for delivery at 5 AM. Good service!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
If only they did this on devices bought from someone else. Bought this recently used and it has really bad scratches on the screen (I got a deal).

I'm sure they could look up where the phone was purchased using the serial # or something?

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Are replacements still being offered? I'm wondering how many Nexus 5s does Google have left in stock because all Nexus 5 models are listed as out of inventory on the Google Play Store and the Nexus 6 was launched recently/

Aj Irawan

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe they still offering that free replacement till further notice and plus, you're getting a refurbished phone so it doesn't really matter if the site says they're our of stock I'm sure they still have it

Posted via the Android Central App

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just called this morning on mine. Dropped out of my jacket pocket and fell about 1.5ft onto brick sidewalk. Bottom corner is broken glass and there are cracks on the rest of the screen.

They are sending me a refurb so the offer is still available.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Is this why all 6 options of the Nexus 5 are out of stock on Google Play? They have to withhold them as replacements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur