Google Hangouts not sending what I want

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have an HTC One and I use hangouts as my default messaging app. I love the look of hangouts but ever since I got my phone factory reset it hasn't been sending what I want. People still get my text and such but my friend said he wasn't getting any. He then explained he also has google hangouts but his default messaging system is the stock one for the iPhone. My hangouts was actually sending him messages to his hangouts app instead of his phone messaging app. I went to settings and it says SMS enabled. Any tips?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have an HTC One and I use hangouts as my default messaging app. I love the look of hangouts but ever since I got my phone factory reset it hasn't been sending what I want. People still get my text and such but my friend said he wasn't getting any. He then explained he also has google hangouts but his default messaging system is the stock one for the iPhone. My hangouts was actually sending him messages to his hangouts app instead of his phone messaging app. I went to settings and it says SMS enabled. Any tips?

Posted via Android Central App
He needs to have SMS turned on for Hangouts, and in his messaging settings. iPhones only use iMessage by default

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BernhardDieter