Google Hangouts PC SMS?

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how/if its possible to get my SMS from google hangouts to show up on my PC without using Motorola's app? I would like to get the SMS that my phone receives on my computer in the hangouts app. I read this was possible and have tried for the past 2 hours but I can't seem to make it work...

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think it will only work if you have a Google Voice account and have Hangouts on your phone configured with that service, then have people text you using your Voice number.

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to do this, in the long run, is transition to a Google Voice number if you plan to stay with Google
as an ecosystem as they call it. When people sms to your Gvoice number, it'll show up anywhere and everywhere, and
you can respond likewise. It's not perfect, Google has a way of beta testing things on the general public sorta, but it
does work pretty well.

THG0724

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to sync SMS messages on an android device with google hangouts in a browser (PC or Mac)?

I use Hangouts for SMS messaging on my phone. I'd like to be able to follow those conversations from a computer instead of from my phone. The conversations would be with non-hangouts users.

ejtsang

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to sync SMS messages on an android device with google hangouts in a browser (PC or Mac)?

I use Hangouts for SMS messaging on my phone. I'd like to be able to follow those conversations from a computer instead of from my phone. The conversations would be with non-hangouts users.

As has been mentioned above, if you use Google Voice for sending/receiving SMS, your messages will also be sent to your PC through the Hangouts Chome app. If you do not use Google Voice, you can try using the Push Bullet app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.pushbullet.android&token=fRocjQLj. You'll need to install the chrome app for you PC as well.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't you also do this if you switch messaging apps to Verizon Messages+? I believe that one of the selling points is that you can use a PC web browser to access and send messages from your account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amelia Ingram