News Google just changed forever

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
"Pixel phones have long ranked among the best Android phones"........they've long been ranked as such. never mind that they've never actually been so. well, I guess with HTC and LG leaving the game, it's possible. but I fully understand the profitable relationship Google has with all of the Android-focused publications out there.

Reactions: SyCoREAPER

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
"Pixel phones have long ranked among the best Android phones"........they've long been ranked as such. never mind that they've never actually been so.
This 100%. Fanboy bias over objectivity.

Google changed forever when they abandoned their "Don't be evil" motto.
Yeah, I miss when they were the cool kids on the block. Defying the norm and being for the user*. We will never see the Google we did so many years ago. It's very clear that the dip$h1t CEOs numbers are more important than user experience and happiness.

Not that I'd necessarily want Microsoft but if they committed themselves and made a DEX like experience, a good mobile OS that switches to full Windows docked, they could be a threat to Google and Apple. That's unlikely to happen as Google being cool again though.

*(all companies have self interest first but Google did a bit of both).

knwpsk

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't care if they ever integrate "AI" into anything. I just want them to stabilize the good things they already do, and stop breaking them.
I've already thrown away all of my Nest devices because Google can't seem to stop introducing new bugs or fix the bugs they have.
Assistant was just getting to the point where I could use it successfully most of the time, then the nerfed it.
"Gemini" assistant SUCKS. It can't do anything right. And I'm loathe to spend a lot of time trying to re-learn how to work with it.... because Google History will just repeat itself.
You can't sell consumer products if they constantly fail because you break them and don't fix them. No wonder Samsung has such huge market share.

I'm sooo frustrated, because they used to have good products, and they still could, if they would just manage them like any other reasonable consumer product company.

And by the way, hasn't their customer service gone straight into the toilet lately? What's up with that??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lethabo Mokoena