Google Keep Issue

and_youf

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Keep reminders are not working on my Android. I set a reminder and then it doesn't make the audible alerts until I unlock the phone. I have Keep to not go to sleep in the background so don't know why it does this or if it is a known issue? I really like Keep and don't want to have to switch to something more complex and download another app (ie. Evernote or Todoist).

and_youf

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Wow. Went there and everything is enabled but then there is an "Others" category that was enabled which says "no sound" (thought it said no sound or visual notifications). So I turned that off and it worked fine. Turned it back on just to test and it still worked (?) but that seems like it would be the problem and I'll leave it off going forward. Thanks for the tip!

and_youf

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Eh, it stopped working. All my push reminder apps don't work. Microsoft To-Do and Keep. Not going to bother testing out complex Wunderlist or Todoist.

However I did clear cache, clear data, and now it is working from a locked state. I'll see how long that lasts. This has to be a known bug there are issues of it everywhere. Either with Keep or more likely with my device or device OS (8.0). Maybe it is the launcher. I have been meaning to try a different one.

Anyway, one of the most useful features of the phone I need to work (setting a reminder remotely and having it actually remind me). It's hilarious when I unlock the phone and a reminder fires from 3 hours ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StudyMantraOverseas