google messenger crashing alot

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have issue with their google messenger? mine's been some what slow and keeps crashing quite a lot too seems to be slow to response too. Just noticed this for the past 2-3 days.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not on a Pixel 2, but it could be the phone that's causing it, so you'll have to wait for posts from people who have P20s.

People - a "mine works with no problem on a P20" post would be as helpful to doosun as a "mine is also slow and keeps crashing on a P20" post. We don't want 5 pages of "it works on mine", but someone out there must have a P20 running Google messenger.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Google messages is the default sms app on the P20 line, and it works perfectly fine for the majority of people, otherwise there would be a lot of posts asking why its broken.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I think i know what caused the sluggishness with the google messenger. I downloaded avast password app to replace my old safesecure app that doesn't work on my phone anymore. Once I removed the avast rebooted the phone seems to be smoother like it use to be. Before every time I use the google messenger it will take a few secs more to message someone or crashes when i sent a msg. My guess is the Avast password is a memory hog or causing memory leak even when i'm not opening it or using it.

I guess we'll see if that is the case gonna keep an eye out for it for the rest of the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyattling