Google messenger messing up.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Brother in-law has Pixel 7. I have Pixel 5. Both use Google messenger. Brother in-law moved back to Montana a few years ago, and just got a new number for his phone. Because Verizon made him. When I text his new number. His replies always show up under his old number. I even text his old number he gets it in his new number. I deleted his old for a while. His replies still show as his old number. Any ideas why this is happening?

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for taking so long had find my password. So went to Verizon today they thought that they fixed the problem. Nope.
Found out that today also. If my wife texts her brother. It comes up in her contacts as his new number. In the group text ( wife, brother, me) his number comes up as his old number. I think that part is because he started the original group text with his old number.

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for taking so long had find my password. So went to Verizon today they thought that they fixed the problem. Nope.
Found out that today also. If my wife texts her brother. It comes up in her contacts as his new number. In the group text ( wife, brother, me) his number comes up as his old number. I think that part is because he started the original group text with his old number.
To clarify this is on her phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles