Google News not appearing in multitasking?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello! So I have a weird thing. When I open Google News and close it it doesn't appear in multitasking aka recent apps. It just closes and that's it I can't switch between it and other apps I have to open it manually from the icon. Why is that? Is that normal behaviour for the app?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. No, that's not the normal behaviour. What phone do you have? Have you enabled any memory/battery saver feature?

stefanmz7

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site
Hello again! Just made my account. So my phone is Huawei P10 plus. As for battery and memory saving features the only one I am aware of using is lock screen cleanup(close apps when screen is locked). And it's not even turned on for Google News. You have to select individual apps there. Also I know that EMUI on Huawei phones tends to kill background apps occasionally on its own for battery and memory savings I guess but in this case the app doesn't even run in the background at all for it to be killed. So I don't know I am not using any other of those features or at least I am not aware of it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! Maybe it's related to the aggressive way that Huawei phones sometimes manage memory, but I'm not sure.

If you prefer I could move your thread to the P10 forum where it could be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billybouwer6