Google Nexus 6 Potential Vibration Issue?

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else with a Nexus 6 able to comment on the vibration intensity? Mine seems to be extremely aggressive. Especially compared to my Note 4. Its so aggressive that while tapping out a message it almost appears to be vibrating something within the device to the point that it makes more noise than seems acceptable.

I remember some Nexus 5s had a vibration motor issue.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Potential Vibration Issue?

It's normal with moto. My 2013 Moto X had a very aggresive vibration motor and this was how all others reported theirs to be as well.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else with a Nexus 6 able to comment on the vibration intensity? Mine seems to be extremely aggressive. Especially compared to my Note 4. Its so aggressive that while tapping out a message it almost appears to be vibrating something within the device to the point that it makes more noise than seems acceptable.

I remember some Nexus 5s had a vibration motor issue.

One of the first thing I thought of when I first used it.. I have the vibration turned off on any thing that is me typing or hitting keys.. Not a fan of vibration feedback on anything other than the phone ringing (or ringer off and set to vibration) or notification so after I turned it off for that I have no issue at all.. but yes it did seem super aggressive.. My Nexus 5 wasn't even half as powerful....

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

I actually just popped into Tmobile to compare. Definitely something wrong with my device. It sounds like somethings within the motor is rattling. Or its rattling something internally. They're just going to do a swap. But I need my box and receipt. Bringing it back tomorrow.

ErTurco

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I agree that the Nexus 6 vibration is very strong, seems like a Chinese peace of plastic... I just solved the problem with the app "Vibration Intensity" from the play store.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I actually just popped into Tmobile to compare. Definitely something wrong with my device. It sounds like somethings within the motor is rattling. Or its rattling something internally. They're just going to do a swap. But I need my box and receipt. Bringing it back tomorrow.

I actually don't think it's that strong. My M8 was stronger. I wish the N6 was stronger.

Posted via the Android Central App

joancomasfdz

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I was able to configure the intensity with Xposed Installer 74: Install Vibration Tuner module, activate and restart.

I set it to 60% and its working with Nexus 6 Stock 5.1.1 LMY47Z.